PDA

View Full Version : Spam maybe?

Pilot DAR
17th Nov 2011, 13:07
Hey PPRuNers and Moderators,

I got an email from PPRuNe yesterday wishing me a happy birthday. But it's nowhere near my birthday (I'm still young enough to only have them once a year). PPRuNe has sent me correct birthday greetings in the past, so I know PPRuNe knows the correct date. There is a link for me to click (which of course I did not) if I think the email had "bounced".

If I am told how to provide the link, without actually perpetuating it, I'll post it if it helps anyone.

I know that Face book information I have entered in the past has been used without my consent. Could a malicious person have gotten into PPRuNe data somehow?

BRL
17th Nov 2011, 17:07
Thanks for the heads-up. I am not sure about this so will bring it to the attention of someone who knows what's going on!

Anyone else had anything like this?

Danny2
17th Nov 2011, 17:39
Birthday listed as March.

He just needs to provide the header info from the email. However, if the link he's suspicious of is noted as "ezbounce" then it is from here. It is s link that I can use for bounced email to remove the user from all notification services.

Pilot DAR
17th Nov 2011, 17:55
Yes, the link does include "ezbounce".

CpnCrunch
5th Mar 2013, 13:20
The ezbounce link doesn't work. Please just get rid of the 'happy birthday' emails - they are pointless and annoying, and there isn't any way to disable them. I'm now getting two of them because I must have two accounts on here.

Sir George Cayley
5th Mar 2013, 16:50
So you get double the prezzies?

SGC

CpnCrunch
5th Mar 2013, 16:58
Just double the spam. I don't think there are any prezzies from pprune.

Saab Dastard
5th Mar 2013, 19:11
A message to Admin via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page is your next action.

SD