PDA

View Full Version : CAT II/CAT III

Johnman
16th Nov 2011, 21:26
How do you prove that you are CAT II/CAT III certified . Do you have to have a Certificate ?.What prove do the inspectors expect?

Johnman
16th Nov 2011, 21:29
Does simulator TRG for CAT II/CAT III satisfy the regulation or do you have to practice those in the Actual Aircraft?

nick14
16th Nov 2011, 21:40
In my licence I have a company issued CAT III qualification certificate that makes up part of my required documents to carry when working.

AFAIK, 1 landing on a LPC/OPC counts towards the revalidation requirements. As far as initial training goes I think you are required to do at least 2 autolands in the aircraft.

This is my understanding, however I am ready to be corrected!

dusk2dawn
16th Nov 2011, 21:57
"You" as such are not approved. It is the operator who - having submitted appropriate documentation for aircraft/equipment/procedures/training - gets the approval to conduct CAT II/III operations as specified in the operators Operation Specifications.

Intruder
17th Nov 2011, 00:40
In the US there is nothing to carry. If questioned, the operator will produce the training records.

Denti
17th Nov 2011, 03:16
It says in my license: IR CAT III ...... xx.xx.xxxx. Back before it was a JAR license it even mentioned which CAT III by defining the lowest DH i was trained for.

Practice is done in the simulator only. Nothing needs to be done in the real aircraft, not even any currency requirement anymore.