PDA

View Full Version : what is it like when you apply for an airline?

747 forever
12th Nov 2011, 12:52
Hello,
What kind of things airlines do when you apply for them after you get out of flight school or your new to the airline? How does it work? They train you etc but do they give you exams first to see your skills or what? Sorry for this question sounding very vague and unclear but I would just like to know the whole process in chronological order,
thanks and p.s what happened to my other post on foreign language? Its gone missing, has it been deleted?

The African Dude
12th Nov 2011, 14:59
You ask a lot of questions. Hundreds, by the looks of your history. Have you tried reading the forum first?! There is a lot of information on here. Look for it!

FlyingSportsman
13th Nov 2011, 20:08
Standard Procedure (ish) follows this pattern:

Application- CV e.t.c

Interview ( If accepted!) - Will include some tech questions on the last (ME) aircraft you have flown ( as the case for the RYR interview) and some other aspects from your ATPL exams. You will also have the industry standard 'personality' interview.

Sim Assesment: Pretty self explanatory.

If your first job; Type Rating & Line Training.

If you already have the type rating for the aircraft you will fly, generally line training, a fair amount of sectors with a training captain ( 40 at EZY, but don't quote me on that, cant remember exactly.)

Then, bobs your uncle, you're let loose on the line! Renew your type ratings and medicals periodically and the world is your oyster. If only it were that easy!

FS :ok:

And yes, its probably been deleted, Mods don't enjoy lack of use of the search button. ( Don't happen to disagree, personal research skills seem to be absent here)

747 forever
14th Nov 2011, 21:46
Thanks for that!
The interview sounds really scary, they ask you about your past but never knew they asked tech questions. Do you get to choose which type ratings to get Or do they assess you and decide?

747 forever
15th Nov 2011, 11:52
oh yes and can you get type ratings for a certain plane before actually flying for an airline? I see virtual aviation (flight simulators in the UK) have some type rating courses there. If I go get some and show up to an airline with it would I have a better chance of being hired and fly the plane that matches my type ratings?

Flying Farmer
15th Nov 2011, 17:52
Are you for real? I'd suggest a little more research before asking pointless questions here.

11Fan
15th Nov 2011, 18:01
It's his nature Farmer. He's just inquisitive.

40&80
15th Nov 2011, 18:12
We all were once upon a time....whatever happened?
I think this 747 guy is actually a wind up merchant :ok:

11Fan
16th Nov 2011, 00:11
40&80,

Several months back I questioned it myself, but after reading a number of his posts I've come to the conclusion that he's just an enthusiastic young pup. Quite innocent I'm sure. Most kids nowadays could not care less. He's found an interest and is pursuing it. There's enough folks here willing to oblige him his questions. Actually, I wish I had his interest level at such a young age.

747 forever,
Press on young man.

FlyingSportsman
17th Nov 2011, 20:15
747, as you can see, your questions, have been answered multiple times before and folks on here don't like it when you post question after question.

I'm only young myself, so can almost understand your 'inquisitive' nature. We all start somewhere right! I would recommend two things to keep other PPruNer's sane,

1: SEARCH FUNCTION :ok:
- Most useful tool in the box, type in keywords from your question and have a browse, don't assume your question hasn't been answered before.

' If at first you don't succeed, try, try again' - William E. Hickson ( Applicable in so many situations! :E )

2: Google
- Among the piles of sh:mad:t posted out there, there are some good sites, type your questions into Google, ( this website shows how to search properly Google Advanced Search Shortcuts - Google Advanced Search Cheat Sheet (http://websearch.about.com/library/cheatsheet/blgooglecheatsheet.htm) )

If then, you still don't have an answer, then come the forums and post your questions. I may be able to help with most of your questions, looking at your history, so PM me if you do have any.

Anything to restore the tranquility of PPruNE :E

FS :ok:
-