PDA

View Full Version : "Simple" Question?

Squawk7777
3rd Dec 2001, 03:25
Okay, Okay... After reading and hearing so many times about pilot lay-offs etc. :( let me ask a "simple" question:

When Is Pilot Hiring Expected to Resume In EU and the US?

:confused:

I know that only a few (good?) companies are recruiting at the moment, mostly D/E captains.

How many light years is the pilot shortage away? :eek:

I haven't read much about the airlines in Asia and Latin America... Anybody know?

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: Squawk7777 ]

4th Dec 2001, 09:32
the aviation market is SUPPOSED to move in 6 year cycles!! i can't remeber who told me that but it is so not true!!!

it started going wrong some years back when Dan-Air went bust flooding the market with type rated pilots with lots of hours. this meant few young trainee's getting jobs....

it was hoped that as they started retiring the places and gaps would need to be filled. but there really hasn't been a time that people were imagining, where pilots would be able to pick and choose their job.

the best time has been over i would say the past 3 years however i still know lots of instructors/pilots that are looking for work.

now times look really bad and i don't think anyone can give an accurate picture at this moment in time.

sorry!! :(