PDA

View Full Version : EGNM

closing from left rpt est
21st Nov 2000, 00:59
Hello are there any pilots who fly out of EGNM on here?

Thannks est :)

SAM 2M
21st Nov 2000, 05:02
Based MAN and thus mainly operate from there and LGW but do get round the other airports from time to time.
NM is quite interesting wx wise and the visual aspect on approach requires careful reading.

However as not actually based there may not be able to help too much unless you write a specific question.

SAM 2M

21st Nov 2000, 11:26
Hiya Sam,

The reason for me asking is to wonder the inbound routing you take into EGNM as a proffesional pilot. So lets say you are flying from EGLL - EGNM. You you fly the WOBUN SID and then maybe to WELIN and up to TNT. But from there? Because of course there is no STAR. I have also searched millions of places to see if there is a standered arrival routes and there is a few but there are no specific ones, So is it a case of getting to say TNT and routing to LBA (the NDB) and then getting radar vectors from there? Or am i completly off the line?

Thanks a lot est :)

P.S. Happy landings with dip!!! And make sure ya make the A2/D turn off otherwise up upset the controllers ;)

SAM 2M
22nd Nov 2000, 04:57
On a route such as you state it would not be that uncommon for radar headings nearly all the way. It would not be very efficient use of airspace to have lots of a/c following procedural routes.

From memory the general thing seems to be an initial clce from MAN Area Radar or LBA Appr. Radar direct to LBA followed shortly by radar hdgs to the ILS.

As far as runway turn offs are concerned it is not quite as cut and dried as I think you may be thinking from your comment.

On runways we try to turn off at the helpful point for ATC but never until we have first considered other factors such as safety and hammering the brakes. They are very expensive and braking hard is not good unless there are pressing reasons for it. On a large a/c you must keep the brakes cool (for various reasons) esp. if you are on a short turnaround. Furthermore you have to consider that at certain times reverse idle would be the max on the noise basis but this again comes after to safety.

22nd Nov 2000, 11:29
cheers Sam!!!! :)

Justin Cyder-Belvoir
23rd Nov 2000, 13:39
Normal arrival in to LBA from the south ex EGLL after vectors is on passing TNT dct Denby then LBA. When its quiet, late or weekends if you get an early descent once you get abm TNT and passed to MAN a direct 8 mile final and radar advisory is the usual. Once you are passed to Leeds and get inside the zone its back to control. From the north hang a left towards the Pole then LBA and when its quiet you can normally cut across from south of DCS towards a final posn. From the west the normal arrival routes through or s of POL.

As for turning off, you have to get the airplane on the ground at the right speed and in the right place first :)