PDA

View Full Version : Comed Aviation

Twin Spool
20th Nov 2000, 23:03
Would you work for these people,or give them a miss?Does anyone have any info on them.

dada
21st Nov 2000, 19:51
miss

G-OOFY
21st Nov 2000, 21:48
Met the Bandit crews nice chaps. I ask them to get in touch next I see them.

Best Western
22nd Nov 2000, 19:27
Good small airline, and one of the few small companies that is actually making money.

They have applied for a full AOC, and are hoping to upgrade to Shorts soon.

Flew with them DUB BLK DUB about two years ago, and it seems to be going from strength to strength, with BLK and BFS just waiting for larger aircraft.

KYGMSY
22nd Nov 2000, 23:45
The ops guy seems an alright fella. Don't think much of the MD though.

chihuahua
25th Nov 2000, 15:31
I have friends and contacts in the company who enjoy the work. But ask them about the pay and management.......

JB007
25th Nov 2000, 20:12
Do a bit more legwork....
CAA just removed his AOC for operating the Bandit...

Cheers

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

IMMELMAN
26th Nov 2000, 04:36
Much as others say - met the chaps a lot sitting around in Coventry because that's what we night owls do a lot - sitting around in Coventry - often waiting for Blackpool to open - they have all been ok blokes - depends what you've got now, if nothing then it's a start, n'est ce pas?

Squealer
26th Nov 2000, 19:22
Claim to fly VFR whatever the weather. MISS

PURPLE PITOT
27th Nov 2000, 00:46
JB007

Where do you get your information from? the guvenor?

You are talking absolute SH!T. The Bandit operation has been suspended till monday whilst some paperwork is sorted out, the shedule is being operatad by aztecs and chieftans untill then.

If you reckon you know more then put up or shut up.

KYGMSY
27th Nov 2000, 23:46
Purple Pitot :

I heard exactly the same thing as JB.

Maybe you should check the name of this website again

Professional Pilots RUMOUR Network.

Out.

Unicom
28th Nov 2000, 00:30
JB007 is right i'm affraid....
Aztec's and Navajo's eh....Pax must be thrilled!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Unicom (edited 27 November 2000).]

IMMELMAN
29th Nov 2000, 04:45
What passengers?
I checked it out with the guys at CVT Mon night - they say there was a problem but it is transient and ops appear to be back to normal again
There is hardly an outfit around that does not, occasionally, experience one small glitch or another - I would not let this put you off - see if you can get an interview and an offer first, then take it from there. As I said before, any start is worth it and talking to the fellas they have had their fair share of people moving on up, so go for it! If you are a mature pilot at the other end of the spectrum and not looking to progress - same suggestion - see what's on offer and make your decision - we can't all go on to close formations of aluminium ***** houses leaving contrails all over the shop - so what? If you wanna fly, you wanna fly!

2DarnGood
29th Nov 2000, 20:23
Twin Spool, why don't you ask the Comed pilots yourself next time you're down there ? Instead of listening to the people above, none of whom fly for Comed. The boys are always hanging around the bar area after a shift and would give you an honest opinion I'm sure. I presume you have already been offered a position so surely you have some insight into what they will be like to work for ? Not that I think Robert will be too bothered whether he secures your services or not.

PURPLE PITOT
29th Nov 2000, 21:32
We were back in action as of monday.

IMMELMAN, nice meeting you in cov on monday,

Minimums,minimums......thump..Found it!

[This message has been edited by PURPLE PITOT (edited 29 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 30 November 2000).]

Robbo2Alpha
30th Nov 2000, 19:49
Purile pitot, why so arrogant? Has some folks on here struck a raw nerve? I have had only one dealing with Comedy Aviation, thankfully, it was only once. It is fact that they were hauled over the coals for calling visual at 25nm (yes its true folks), when LVP were in force at the 'pool. Landed with an approach ban (RVR350m), all fact. So, care to comment now? And leave the young 'uns alone you pompous person. Your silly comment at the end of your message says it all.

KYGMSY
1st Dec 2000, 01:08
Robbo2Alpha

I read the same thing, I think I found in GASIL. Even though it mentioned no names you could tell who it was.

PURPLE PITOT
3rd Dec 2000, 14:59
Like any small company, comedy (yes we call it that too) has had its problems, but things are changing for the better.The VFR cr@p ceaced about 4 months ago.

It is a sad fact at the moment that unless you are a 22 yr old 509er with blonde hair and big t!ts, the regionals won't touch you.
Comedy has given alot of people a leg up into proper jobs, there are at least 5 of us going in the new year.Like immelman said, if you have nothing better , it's a start.

last line was a reference to the weather at egbe on monday

Twin Spool knows the score coz he's got my job when i go.

TwoDeadDogs
5th Dec 2000, 07:17
Hi there
What are Comed's requirements,to get a start?
Must one come knocking with the Bandit type already in hand?
regards
TDD

PURPLE PITOT
22nd Dec 2000, 15:04
Oh Well, Shot down by management again.