PDA

View Full Version : Trying to arrange a visit

LeonH
30th Oct 2011, 20:42
Hello,

I live in Liverpool, and have family in Glasgow so I was wondering if I would be able to arrange a visit to both Liverpool and Glasgow airports.

If this is possible, could somebody tell me the best way to go about this?

I am 16 in college, and would love to pursue a career in ATC.

Thanks,
Leon.

allrounder99
31st Oct 2011, 09:47
Surely someone from that part of the world has some advice here.

Sorry pal, I dont work in that part of the world, but If I did, I would help you out here.

Presumably, you would need to contact the HR (human resourses) department of the ATC service providers for these airports.

No doubt there will be hoops to jump through, but it is probably possible to arrange.

Good Luck.

Me Me Me Me
31st Oct 2011, 11:15
Hi Leon

Sent you a PM :)

JackRalston
31st Oct 2011, 15:13
LeonH

Probably already been solved but I had a visit to LPL Tower about 3 years ago. Mate of mine organised it by simply contacting HR and getting hold of ATC. Turned up with our passports just in case. We spent the whole day with them, a little bit downstairs in the radar room but most of it upstairs just chatting to the guys and listening in, looking at all the systems.

Great experience. Whether or not trips like these are still as easy to do, I'm not so certain.

Enjoy :ok:

Jack

LeonH
31st Oct 2011, 20:32
To all replies, thanks! I have PMed you Me Me Me and Jack thanks, that is great to hear :)

Brilliant Stuff
31st Oct 2011, 22:09
Hi Leon,
Just to add when you get round to going up to the tower take some biscuits and or cake with you, they really go for that stuff.:E:E

And once you have done LPL & Glasgow you should try Swannick.

LeonH
1st Nov 2011, 12:42
Haha I bet they do!

I'll need to see about transport to swanwick :(