PDA

View Full Version : NATS application closure

ig101
26th Oct 2011, 22:49
Hey guys,

First post on here, however i have looked over these forums for a while now.

Since i was young i have always had quite the passion for aviation and atc in particular. I am in air cadets and do many courses related to atc.

Anywho, i turn 18 in less than 2 weeks however the applications have been closed for a while now. Over the past 2 months i have left about 3 voice mails with the nats PR team, they replied to one (about half a year ago just asking basic joining stuff) but recently had no reply or no one in when i call. So my question is simply this:

Does anyone know when they will reopen their applicant process? I was talking to a NATS PR lady a while back and she said occasionally depending on a candidates position sometimes they can fast track the recruitment process? Is this fact of fiction?

Many thanks.

whitelighter
27th Oct 2011, 12:03
With regard to the application process, the feeling is currently they have enough controllers and prospective trainee controllers in the system to cope with business need.

Traffic is still down and those companies buying NATS services are squeezing every penny.

As for people being fast tracked, I don't know. Certainly training is the same but unless you have actual ATC experience, expect to go through the whole process.

Not Long Now
27th Oct 2011, 14:12
Given NATS' history with recruitment numbers, if you wait 5 seconds there will most probably be a huge recruitment drive on again, followed by a break, followed by a drive, followed by a break, followed... well you know what I mean. Patience, keep plugging away, and never believe a date is fixed until it has happened.

alfaman
27th Oct 2011, 15:55
Fast tracking would only apply to those with appropriate previous ATC experience, & only then if demand exceeds supply; that's not the case at the moment, though.

boeingairbus1981
28th Oct 2011, 11:38
HR have told me recruitment process will continue in the new year. They'll send me an email when the next stage 3 dates are posted online