PDA

View Full Version : How to pass the time in the (long distance) cruise...

Stroppalot
19th Mar 2001, 18:03
How do you pass the time in the cruise? I mean, apart from the odd call or the occasional poking of a knob (amd I'm not talking about the pilot sitting next to you), WHAT DO YOU DO TO PASS THE TIME?

Voodoo 3
19th Mar 2001, 18:42
FHM and Maxim. Usually does the trick.

smallfish
19th Mar 2001, 18:48
doesn't that make you sleepy? (drifting off to sleep with one hand on the column)

vipero
19th Mar 2001, 18:57
Never ask a pilot about this...you might be a passenger sooner or later...

Ciao
Paolo

Flying_Steph
19th Mar 2001, 20:46
...paying attention to the Captain's complaints.

-Not always interesting
-No "ON/OFF" button available
-Not much diversity
-Not always taking into account your own interests

"It's cheaper than the movies and there's free coffee"

captain marvellous
19th Mar 2001, 23:34
Sleeping at the controls....as recommended by NASA.

SpeedBird22
20th Mar 2001, 01:50
Whats all this talk of knobs and columns? Gentlemen, please, this is a family site.
:) :) :)

SecondaryLowPitchStop
20th Mar 2001, 04:24
I suppose at the moment alot of long haul guys are thinking about their Dot.COM Stocks or lack there of! :)

Regards
SLPS

P.S. I stuck with industrials, but hey they are all down now, bummer! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

------------------
Inadvertant reverse is not my game!

Air Driven Generator
20th Mar 2001, 04:52
Examine back of eyelids!!

HugMonster
20th Mar 2001, 14:33
Check out the other questions this guy is asking.

Whoop! Whoop!

Journo alert!!!!

Stroppalot
20th Mar 2001, 14:45
Oh dear, HugMonster... The paranoia is running away with you!! Perhaps a glance at the topic of this forum may help to calm your anxiety!! ;-)

*** ANOTHER EXCLUSIVE ***
The Daily Spam can now reveal that pilots ready FHM and Maxim whilst at the controls of their jumbo jets.. Wowee!

Oh please! Does every question have to be from a journo? What's the point of using pprune if everyone is going to be paranoid of the press getting hold of a juicy story...

Speedbird252
20th Mar 2001, 23:58
FHM and Maxim?

Well thats the first hour of the flight.

What about the rest of it?

EDDNR
22nd Mar 2001, 03:07
My 2000/2001 tax accounts for the lucrative sideline business need sorting, so I'll take my big box of receipts on the next trip, that should take a west coast to sort out.

Rod

exeng
22nd Mar 2001, 04:56
Stroppalot,

What is it that you do for a living then?

Regards
Exeng

Sick Squid
22nd Mar 2001, 05:19
Stroppalot, I occasionaly go fly fishing. Would you care to teach the trout I aim for precisely what they should be biting on? They don't seem to know.. little buggers ignore everything I dangle in front of them.

Ohhh, sorry. Should we be doing just that? Or maybe it's the trouts fault?

Seriously, before responding to a post with any information not generally available outside the aviation community I run a personal PPRuNe experience check on the poster... ie, if Exeng, whom I know and who flies for the same company as me, had posted any of your queries, he would have met with a completely different response. Likewise (say, random sample... Gaunty, Flaps Forty, VFE, ): there are many on here who have proven their track record. You have not....yet, at least. Sorry.

Ł6

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 23 March 2001).]

Stroppalot
22nd Mar 2001, 12:43
I unreservedly apologise.

I have learned the error of my ways and promise not to falter again. !!!

Hugs & Kisses...

[This message has been edited by Stroppalot (edited 23 March 2001).]

SFly
23rd Mar 2001, 03:43
Oi, Stroppy . . . he is a captain (moderaterish thing) . . . after all, so it is partly his bulletin board!
:)

wonderbusdriver
23rd Mar 2001, 23:54
...send ACARS messages to the other guys to find out which flies match the hatch...

Finally a really interesting subject, Squid - You donŽt seem to be sick at all!
BTW just wanted to start the season on Moanday with my buddy, but the water was too high and murky, so IŽll guess IŽll have to wait - greenish nymphs fished right behind the falls always seem to do the job, if all else fails.
Had some nice Brookies that way last year.

What kind of answers do you expect?!;-)(

scarebus
25th Mar 2001, 02:08
I guess one could hand fly the aircraft while the stall test/stick shaker is activated. I am pretty sure the noise and vibrations will keep you awake.
If not read FHM and then call in a Hostie.