View Full Version : How long does one stay logged on?

Skunkworks
13th Jul 2001, 07:58
Back home again. Just realized that when I visited pprune earlier this week (at the hotel I was staying) I never logged out properly.

Does this mean that the next person who visits pprune on this public computer is still logged in, with my username?

So, if you read posts in my name that really are not making sense...then it's still me - I did remember to log out!

/skunks

PPRuNe Dispatcher
13th Jul 2001, 12:07
Yes, the next person to use the hotel computer to access PPRuNe will be logged in with your username.

There is a very simple solution : just change your password.

---PPRuNe Dipatcher

fobotcso
13th Jul 2001, 13:35
With the above in mind, I'm surprised to find that I can be simultaneously logged on from two separate PCs with the same Username and Password. :confused:

Capt PPRuNe
14th Jul 2001, 15:41
If you are using a publically accessed computer such as in an internet cafe or a hotel then you should 'log out' when you have finished otherwise anyone else accessing the forums from that computer will be logged in as you. If you are logged in from your computer at home for example then you do not need to log out every time.

The login in and out function is only a cookie setting exercise and nothing to do with logging in to the internet etc. It just means that you don't have to enter your Username and password every time you check in to the forums and want to post a message.

If you feel you may have been compromised by not logging out of a publicly accecible computer after being on PPRuNe then as PPRuNe Dispatcher says, change your password.