PDA

View Full Version : FMC & SLOP

FlightPathOBN
19th Oct 2011, 01:03
In regards to the offset, when you remove the offset, what are the parameters for the autopilot to return to the route?

a330pilotcanada
19th Oct 2011, 02:00
In my experince when I was flying I would enter 0 and that would return me back to track.

That being said it is like golf 100 yards to the green a wedge or a 9 iron.

TTex600
19th Oct 2011, 02:21
The Airbus allows you to choose your intercept angle. If I remember (too lazy to look it up, sorry) the FMC defaults to 30 degrees.

Willie Everlearn
19th Oct 2011, 02:22
Generally speaking, when an offset is deleted, the FMS navigation guidance should command an appropriate heading to re-intercept the original course at 45 degrees.
Consult your various FMCS User Guide for more accurate information.

Willie :ok:

nitpicker330
19th Oct 2011, 06:33
Who cares, big picture stuff really.

It doesn't really matter what the parameters are you should be in control and watching what it does.......if you don't like what you see then go selected.....

Capn Bloggs
19th Oct 2011, 13:16
There's no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer...

My Boeing turns to re-intercept the original route "at up to 45°".

ImbracableCrunk
19th Oct 2011, 15:32

It doesn't really matter what the parameters are you should be in control and watching what it does.......if you don't like what you see then go selected.....

Not very nitpicky for someone named Nitpicker.

My company actually doesn't want us to go out of LNAV if you're doing oceanic nav.

FlightPathOBN
19th Oct 2011, 19:52
Thanks for all the informative replies...

As many of you know, I design RNP procedures. What I am looking at is a single RNP track, but with offset approaches for wake turbulence separation. The standard would be to have completely separate procedures, but then ATC has to track many more waypoints, so I am working up this concept...

While I did find significant verbiage on engaging the offset, there was little in the way of parameters when removing the offset. Horizontal return is somewhat detailed, but in actual operation, 'up to' can be very different.

In addition, and to be more specific, if the AC is on descent, will the FMC allow the removal of the offset while on auto?

Thanks in advance.

FE Hoppy
19th Oct 2011, 22:35
The Honeywell FMS as fitted to Ejets does not allow the use of offset when on published procedures. It will cancel any when approaching the first waypont of the procedure so to include the use of automatic offset in a procedure may prove troublesome ;-)

ImbracableCrunk
19th Oct 2011, 23:34
In addition, and to be more specific, if the AC is on descent, will the FMC allow the removal of the offset while on auto?

While on auto? On autopilot, sure.

I believe on the 737, the offset will end at the FAF unless you specify an earlier waypoint. You can also cancel the offset or just go direct to the next waypoint, which cancels any subsequent offset.

FlightPathOBN
20th Oct 2011, 04:43
yes, I meant autopilot, not an automated procedure