PDA

View Full Version : B-767 WARN ELEX Eicas Message

Fpetrowitsch
4th Oct 2011, 20:07
Hi everybody, I'm writing again because I want to know definitively and exactly what does mean a WARN ELEX Status Eicas message on the B-oeing 767-300 airplane, grettings thanks.

NSEU
5th Oct 2011, 03:52
It essentially means that there is a problem with the power supply for the Warning Electronics Unit (WEU)

The Warning Electronics Unit provides power to:
Stall Warning
Config warning
Altitude Alert
Aural warning modules (chimes, etc).

Stall Warning faults (module and input faults) can also generate this message on later series aircraft.

Any help?

Fpetrowitsch
5th Oct 2011, 10:29
Ok thanks a lot. One more think, please. So this is a NO GO item?

NSEU
6th Oct 2011, 05:14
It really depends on what has caused the message. If it is a power supply problem, then it is no dispatch (according to our DDG).
It's up to maintenance/engineering to determine what has caused the message.

Our DDG mentions this message in a number of places. Depending on what system has caused the message, dispatch may be allowed.

Fpetrowitsch
6th Oct 2011, 10:06
Thanks a lot my friend, It's really get very clear for me, take care, grettings from Chile

richard III
12th Oct 2011, 07:16
NPH..........

aztruck
14th Oct 2011, 21:36
Quite often happens if ground power yanked out without asking and a voltage spike occurs. It is a no go but you can clear the status message by(I think) performing a stall warning test and then attempting to clear the msg.
otherwise its switch off aircraft, battery off, sit ion the dark for a couple of minutes, switch it on again and see what happens ............
Hopefully you have an engineer around to save you all this bother, or one on the end of a telephone.
It is for sure a no go if you cant clear it.

Piper19
17th Oct 2011, 16:16
or during taxi in on stand when the IRS's are put to off and airplane has not come to a complete stop yet, can also generate a warn elex. Aligning them again solves that. (can also be when aircraft is moved/towed between 2 flights)
99% of warn elex messages I had were solved by aligning IRS's

tilos
17th Oct 2011, 16:42
Pressing the EICAS test button will normally clear the message after the test has run its course.

Smudger
17th Oct 2011, 17:47
Had this the other day on my 757-200.. depowering the ac for 3 mins solved it.

grounded27
17th Oct 2011, 20:24
Yes often a "nuisance" fault on the 752.

dafri
23rd Oct 2012, 20:01
Hi guys,

thats what my company's MEL states:

"Dispatch with a ›WARN ELEX‹ status message is only allowed provided the P51 WEU BITE module displays only fault code D7 (FMC invalid). This should be checked prior to each departure."

Swedish Steve
23rd Oct 2012, 20:43
On the original aircraft, WARN ELEX was a standing warning on the ground with IRS at OFF. Some of our old B763 still have this.
There was a mod that inhibited the message with the IRS off, but we didn't install it on all aircraft.

haughtney1
24th Oct 2012, 07:01
No need to de-power the jet if you know which breakers to pull and reset:E
Used to see this quite regularly on the 75 and 76, a helpful avionics chap gave me a copy of his CB diagram and shortcut fixes for our fleet...useful when in deepest darkest wherever with no support.

Koan
24th Oct 2012, 07:47
or during taxi in on stand when the IRS's are put to off and airplane has not come to a complete stop yet, can also generate a warn elex. Aligning them again solves that. (can also be when aircraft is moved/towed between 2 flights)

Switching IRS off during taxi in? Not really out of the FCOM this one.