PDA

View Full Version : Not a jumpseat request ... FAO Whitehatters

Bluenose
31st May 2001, 20:03
Hi all,

As I said in the title - this isn't a jumpseat request! I was just wondering what the Britannia offical line was on jumpseated passengers. If anybody knows, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bluenose

Rusty Cessna
31st May 2001, 20:30
Bloody good is what it is....

9 hour flight to Barbados, 3 of those were spent in the cockpit, think it is up to the capn.

Rusty

Smudge's Lot
31st May 2001, 22:29
The official Britannia line is max of 2 visitors(due to spare oxy masks on the f/d) for short periods only and it is down to the individual Capt if he/she wants any visitors at all!Having said that, most will allow you up during the cruise but highly unlikely for T/O or Ldg unless you have an aviation interest and preferably with ID. Good luck-ask the cabin staff politely when you get on but don't push it!!!

Avman
1st Jun 2001, 00:44
W A R N I N G !!!

Last time I jumpseated with Britannia I ended up marrying one of the F/As!! (28 years married and still going strong - they built them well in those days :)).

SpeedBird22
1st Jun 2001, 01:49
Rusty - You can afford a nine hour flight to Barbados?? I've been mixing with the wrong people all these years....

goes back to his stale bread and water

Fast Jet Wannabe
1st Jun 2001, 14:59
When I flew out to the Dominican Republic last year they were simply excellent. I spent a couple of hours on the jump seat during the cruise, and was then invited back and buckled in for the landing about 30 minutes before the top of decent.

The flight crew and cabin crew on the 767-300 could not have been more friendly. :)

It's a shame the Airtours A330 crew weren't so accomodating on my return journey! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

I guess that just goes to prove that it's at the Captains discretion.

Good luck!

FJW.