PDA

View Full Version : NATS opening

Youngwings1992
27th Sep 2011, 08:09
Hey I was wondering if anybody knew when NATS is opening up there application process because I was told that it was this month or next month was haute needing if anyone had anymore details?
Also this will be my first time applying I was wondering if people could give me any pointers about the application process?

Glamdring
27th Sep 2011, 15:22
Had a guy aged 18 on my course about 2 years ago.

Youngwings1992
27th Sep 2011, 15:23
Hiya really 12 years no pressure then ;)
Do you work at NATS?
And I have done work experience at an air traffic tower at RAF Leaming and did some training exercise there.
And I am thinking of taking some flying lessons would you think that helps?
Also would u say traveling would help?

blondefletch
27th Sep 2011, 15:49
Brilliant timing! (saves making a new topic :})

Any one in the know have any idea when the 2012 graduate scheme will start accepting applications?

Any info from those who have participated in schemes from previous years also greatly recieved =)

Thanks

28th Sep 2011, 09:05
don't worry too much about the age thing, i started at 19 and validated at 22, one guy on my watch had to have his validation board put back until he reached 21 and could legally hold a license.....

Gonzo
28th Sep 2011, 10:38
Being too young has absolutely nothing to do with it; it's about maturity. I know some who applied at 17-18 years old and got in, myself being one of them, and I also know of thirty-somethings who have struggled.

whitelighter
28th Sep 2011, 12:57
Yep, age isn't really important (apart from being within the lower and upper limits)

Likewise know 19-20 year olds who have struggled while some 30+ (me for one) have got all the way through without issues.

Its much more about attitude and maturity than anything else

Youngwings1992
29th Sep 2011, 05:54
Cheers can you give me any hints about the application process like what to expect, I have been following the website but would be nice too know from someone who has had first hand experience.

And is it quite a rewarding job aswell?(on a personal level I mean)

Crazy Voyager
29th Sep 2011, 14:45
Top thread, it's the best place for info on the application process. It's also where I suggest asking any questions you may have about it.

I'm not an ATCO myself, but I've just made it through the entire selection process so I'm now getting a chance to begin the long training that will hopefully one day be able to reward me with a license. But I will say this.

I have so far made 4 study visits, met maybe 30 ATCOs. All of them have seemed to be very content and happy with their work, and I've so far not found a single ATCO saying that "this is not something I'd recommend". So I would belive it's a very good job. I'm sure a lot of people with first hand experience will fill in here though.