PDA

View Full Version : flight hours

Kapitankomar
24th Sep 2011, 08:47
Hello,

I am thinking over what I should write my flight hours in CV - I have about 850hrs on airplanes and about 100 hours on gliders. Can I sum up this 2 types of flight hours? what do you think about it? I add that I have JAA licence.

ElitePilot
24th Sep 2011, 09:33
I'd stick to you're SEP/MEP time only with regards to total time flight hours.
Depending on what sort of job you're applying for obviously.
It can't help to write glider time as an additional point however.

Kapitankomar
24th Sep 2011, 09:38
thanks for reply. So should i write glider time in my cv? is it important to employer for example airline or charter operator?

Denti
24th Sep 2011, 10:19
I would mention my glider time, but it is not really important to most operators, but it could be a deciding point if someone like glider flying experience, but that is more about personal background than anything else.

Kapitankomar
24th Sep 2011, 10:28
ok so i have what i wanted;) cheers ;)

ElitePilot
24th Sep 2011, 12:33
For sure include it as a separate item but in my opinion don't include it as part of you're total time.
It shows you're keen on aviation and would make a good talking topic in an interview.
However airline/charters will look at total time with those hours for example in time to unfreeze ATPL which glider time wouldn't count.

Intruder
24th Sep 2011, 17:18
I disagree on one point -- I definitely WOULD include glider time in total time, as i would for any aircraft for which I hold a license. You can break it down any way you want after that.

Once you get to a specific airline's application is the time to worry about what "counts" for that airline. Many of them have VERY specific requirements and tell you what to [not] include on the application. I have seen several that specifically said to NOT include glider, balloon, and/or helo time.