PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Madrid... Anyone got any ideas?

DVR6K
10th Jan 2002, 20:16
Hiya,

Now, my girlfriend is coming over to visit me out here in Madrid next week. I live on the 8th floor of a windy tower block near Barajas airport, hardly the most romantic of locations and was wondering if anyone knows of any hotels in the city that are both fairly plush and accept AOPA member discounts?? I´m a poor 20 year old student but just thought I´d treat her to a night away somewhere posh.

Any crews ever stayed anywhere here?

I know of loads of places here but trying to explain AOPA to people here really is stretching my Spanish to it´s absolute limits!

Cheers!

Boss Raptor
10th Jan 2002, 20:55
Well we use the Hotel Melia Los Galgos central near the US Embassy - nice area, plenty of small bars and easy cab ride to the heart of town. Rooms small but comfortable bit pricy at $120 with aircrew discount. Ask for a room with a view...

Have seen a couple of hotels right on the edge of the well known old square (whose name I've forgotten) with all the tapas bars around, down in the old town...nice location...

FE Hoppy
12th Jan 2002, 03:38
At arrivals there is a tourist booking desk for hotels. Top service with a smile. I got a 3* in the center of town for £40 a night. 10 mins walk to the prado 10 mins to the royal palace and 5 mins to about 100 bars. Had 2 nights free as I bought my supply of cigs for the next 4 months. The price being so much lower than here in the UK that the savings more than paid for the whole trip.

KERDUNKER
12th Jan 2002, 04:45
The old square is the "Plaza Mayor"