PDA

View Full Version : CTOT RULES

ERCELL
21st Sep 2011, 20:35
after having a start up according to CTOT, during the taxi , can we receive new CTOT ( delay ) ??

happened in Manchester...

BrATCO
21st Sep 2011, 21:12
Did you receive your new delay from your company (via ACARS ?) if they didn't know yet you had already started-up, or from ATC ?

BOAC
21st Sep 2011, 21:32
Depends why it changed - if there is a problem somewhere like traffic/failures/accidents etc, yes. Otherwise, while taxying would be unusual.

Level bust
21st Sep 2011, 22:02
Getting a new CTOT whilst taxiing is not uncommon. It could be down to Ops delaying the flight plan or an extra restriction.

The majority of times a phone call to LFMU results in a 'let it go' and make a note in the log, especially if it is due to the latter reason.

Daermon ATC
22nd Sep 2011, 08:49
Ok, maybe I'm overreacting here a bit but I just wanted to point out that had this happened in Spain, we would have now several pages of comments about how dreadful spanish ATC is.

Please refer to this post whenever you are about to say or read something like "CTOT only happens in Spain"

/rant off

cavver
22nd Sep 2011, 17:19
A SRM message with a later CTOT can be sent up to TAXITIME + TRS (time to remove from sequence ) minutes prior to the current CTOT . There is no message sent to CFMU to indicate startup - so if TAXITIME is declared to CFMU by the ATC unit to be 5 mins and in reality is 10+ minutes you might get startup approved then a worse slot time from CFMU.

Wojtus
22nd Sep 2011, 17:50
New CTOT received after a/c has commenced startup procedures should be ignored, and flow unit should be informed.

ERCELL
23rd Sep 2011, 16:38
thanks for help...
I m asking to understand the system of ATC, is it possible to forget to enter start up tim of the AC, and system can think that we ll miss out CTOT with taxi time??? and calculated new CTOT as we missed out slot? couse there was nothing at destination and nothing at departure..

Wojtus
28th Sep 2011, 11:07
CFMU is the Eurocontrol's system to manage CTOTs. It doesn't care about startup time, only EOBT and ATD.
It doesn't matter if you enter startup time into your local ATM system. It is not sent to CFMU.

I think document called "CFMU manual" should be available on Eurocontrol's website. Check it.

boredcounter
28th Sep 2011, 22:54
If the CTOT is based on revised declared taxi time of 40 minutes, ie CTOT is on schedule at EOBT + 40, when would you call for start? Are you guys driving made aware of this?

Bored

ERCELL
29th Sep 2011, 09:43
we called for start and push 22 mins a go our CTOT, and taxi time not more than 5 mins...I think its enough for engine start and taxi...