PDA

View Full Version : LHR Tower

jetsetter24
21st Sep 2011, 11:49
Hi,

Does anyone on here work at the tower or know of anyone I can send a PM to?

Many thanks,

J

Gonzo
21st Sep 2011, 11:58
What do you need?

Talkdownman
21st Sep 2011, 12:39
What do you need?
A visit , please...
We (ex-nats) CAPITA instructors have been told by nats that we are not permitted to accompany our CTC ROMATSA students when they visit our ex-LHR tower colleagues on 14 October... :ugh:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
21st Sep 2011, 13:09
Blimey, don't you ever give up work M??!!

jetsetter24
21st Sep 2011, 13:35
Yes ask about a possible visit. If it helps I've already got a BAA Airside ID as I work for VS.

lord of the zones
21st Sep 2011, 18:53
If you work for Virgin and can sort the guys at LHR tower some complimentary upgrades to upper class, they'll be queuing up to show you round!!!!!:D:D

Talkdownman
21st Sep 2011, 20:04
Blimey, don't you ever give up work M??!!
I've got a pension shortfall to make up thanks to nats withdrawing the 40 year service pension scheme 5 weeks before retirement...

:mad:

Mildred

Brian 48nav
22nd Sep 2011, 08:49
I'll swap my slightly less than 33/60ths for your shortfall!

Brian

Exascot
21st Oct 2011, 09:06
I don't want to start a new thread for this so I think this one should be OK for my question.

Many years ago I took a VC10 into LHR. Due to my principle passenger I was allowed in before the night ban had finished. We had to hang around for a few hours before we could depart outside the noise limitation period. I judged my start up time to get us to the threshold at the correct time. We got there slightly early. I was cleared to take off 2 mins early. I couldn't delay as I had piles of traffic queued up behind me. I was violated and I believe that we were fined. On start up should I have informed ATC of my take off restriction? I thought that they would know, obviously not.

It was a very short hat on interview when I explained my predicament.

southern duel
21st Oct 2011, 12:30
Naughty boy

the night noise restrictions at heathrow are quite clear.

ATC should not have given you line up clearance especially if there were some on approach. having said that ATC might not of known whether you were going to infringe the night noise ban or were exempt ( some aircraft are. i wont explain as its too complicated)
the Ops Duty manager should have told ATC not to let you depart before 06:01 ( local) .
the Ops duty manager would have got a bollxxxx as well as he shouldnt have let it happen. I think I know who it probably was !!!

Exascot
21st Oct 2011, 14:25
Naughty boy

I didn't have much choice at that point.

ATC should not have given you line up clearance especially if there were some on approach.

Sorry I don't understand this - parallel runway operations.

Clearly a number of factors as is usual with any incident.

Anyway thank you for your reply. It is just something I always wondered about.

2.5 miles
21st Oct 2011, 15:23
Many years ago I took a VC10 into LHR. Due to my principle passenger I was allowed in before the night ban had finished.

To be fair my Tower colleagues would probably have thought that if you were allowed in you would also be allowed out!? Military priority/exemption maybe? Further, any movement that can be made legitimately before normal day time ops resume is a bonus and helps reduce overall delays. It has been a long time since I worked a VC10 into Heathrow!!!!!