PDA

View Full Version : Greek ATC

rennaps
21st Sep 2011, 11:18
Go to
The future of Air Traffic Control in Greece - Safety is threatened (http://www.atc-network.com/News/39655/The-future-of-Air-Traffic-Control-in-Greece-Safety-is-threatened)

Spain now Greece, who next?

ATC Watcher
21st Sep 2011, 18:15
Basically anyone earning more that 100K EUR/year, working less than 35h/week and retiring below 57 I would say as this seem to be CANSO new European standard.
(altough what is happening with Greece ATC is not CANSO related )

kontrolor
22nd Sep 2011, 14:45
if they think that Reagan-style of managing the ATCOs accross Europe is a valid one, then they are wrong. One mass strike would bring the europe to its knees.

SINGAPURCANAC
23rd Sep 2011, 05:41
Basically anyone

... who consider ATC as "state " and "serious " business.

Those who already jumped into " service providing area" and liberal market would 't face such problems.
If T&C aren't OK, change provider. It couldn't be simplier.

But in cases such as Spain, Greece and similar "demokratiki" there is no open labor market for such jobs. And that is the root of all labor related problems( and safety as well)
There is no possibility for me to get job as an ATCO at Corfu :{, also colleagues from Corfu couldn't move if situation becomes worse. :}

CANSO is here to protect capital owners, IFATCA is here to protect hotels at exclusive location....:E
In meantime Greek and Spain colleagues will work for peanuts ....:ugh:

ATC Watcher
24th Sep 2011, 03:24
Singapurcanac, why this constant moaning against IFATCA, did one of the guys stole your girl friend or what ?
On this perticular case, the Greek Situation, IFATCA has done a pretty good job helping GATCA and the controllers defending their cause. The same for Spain a wile back. Most work is behind the scenes and applying lobby where we can. That it is not working all the time as we 'd like is sure, but at least we are there and we try.

prowler
24th Sep 2011, 18:28
@kontrolor

if they think that Reagan-style of managing the ATCOs accross Europe is a valid one, then they are wrong. One mass strike would bring the europe to its knees.

BINGO!!!!:D:D:D

belk78
25th Sep 2011, 00:13
Hehehe, really? Are you not being too naive?

SINGAPURCANAC
26th Sep 2011, 07:13
@atc watcher,
I have right to think differently, especially when institution( in this particular case association) didn't meet expectations.
Possibility to write such opinion on public place, is advantage of modern ,internet , times. :ok:
Long before Spanish and Greek cases, Ifatca lost their own credibility. Especially when we are talking about effectiveness.

And I just pointed out that problem with Spain and Greece is not in Ifatca or any other institution, including mass ATCO strikes around Europe.

Spain Atcos, were greed, too greed,
Greek system,not only ATCOs,was/is closed i.e. conservative, too conservative.
That is the root of their problem.
And unless they solve the root , problem will remain.
Regardless IFATCA statement.