PDA

View Full Version : Operational question

Markieboy
20th Sep 2011, 21:01
Hello all,

I am studying for my 4 bar exam and have been playing with scenario's etc. One of the questions I haven't been able to answer is this:

Am I allowed (EU-OPS wise) to embark/disembark pax with an engine running (737)?

I am aware it is potentially very dangerous and I am not asking whether or not one should do this, I am merely looking to where the law stands on this.

Thanks,

Mark

Creasy
21st Sep 2011, 10:30
I think yes, but only cargo side engine and in case GPU and APU not available, to make cross bleed start. Perhaps some other av-dogs know better ?

Piltdown Man
12th Oct 2011, 13:41
There appears to be no limitation under EU-Ops, so

Does your company prohibit it?

Does the airport prohibit it?

- That's the legal bit.

Could you sell it to your boss?

- That's the company bit

Do you think it's sensible given the weather, the number of passengers, lighting, ground handling facilities, equipment (eg. chocks) and personnel etc.

- That's your bit

PM

777AV8R
13th Oct 2011, 16:45
Your company OM Part A should have a Ground Handling/Operations section. In this section, if it was approved by the CAA, there may be a section that deals with re-fueling with passengers/engine running or passenger handling with an engine running. The procedure must have been approved with the issuance of the OMA or during a revision process.

Hope it helps.