PDA

View Full Version : EAC A300's

BOEINGBOY1
16th Jan 2001, 19:10
when i was in boh a few years ago, EAC had an old engine"less" A300 type parked outside their hangar. several months later it was still there. can anybody tell me if the a/c ever found engines and ever got into service with EAC or whatever happened to the a/c.

Groundloop
16th Jan 2001, 19:21
Both of the A300's EAC painted in their colours are still parked at BOH - and still without engines. They reduced a number of other A300's to spares.

The Guvnor
16th Jan 2001, 20:31
Don't forget that their Dunnunda Managing Director is basically a very successful rag 'n' bone man - the main thrust of their business is parts trading. Old aircraft are generally worth more in bits than they are
whole.

BOEINGBOY1
16th Jan 2001, 20:36
thanks Groundloop, seems a bit of a waste though. surely it can't be that hard to pick up a couple of A300 donks from somewhere around the globe! sorry sight seeing nice big a/c like that not where they are sposed to be - in the skies !

freightdoggy dog
21st Jan 2001, 01:27
BB1, it is infact very hard to find to find a couple of "donks" at the RIGHT price!.There are 4 sitting in Channel Express's hangar on the other side of BOH airport. Why not give Kevin Keegan a ring and I am sure he will give you a good price.

BOEINGBOY1
21st Jan 2001, 02:46
point taken freightdog, but there are such things as lease engines? but i guess it does again come down to the price. certainly during the summer months im sure these big beasts would be kept very busy indeed, if only on adhoc work alone. afterall air scandic do quite well indeed.
still say its a pitty to see these big beasts on the ground !!!