PDA

View Full Version : Flying a G Registered Aircraft in the States

CRITICAL ENGINE
21st Jan 2001, 02:07
Is it possible to fly in the states a G registered aircraft that has been leased to an american company for the winter with a UK ATPL? If not what extra training is required?

411A
21st Jan 2001, 09:23
Not only possible, 'tis required. The license (or validation) generally must match the registration, provided that the concerned country(s) are ICAO signatories.

FL310
23rd Jan 2001, 01:35
Sorry to object, this is not true. It is legal to fly with the required licence in any particular country an aeroplane which is registered anywhere else.
So far for private issues...
If said aeroplane is used under commercial issues than the country which registered the aeroplane may provide any pilot with a validation limited for that particular frame and for a particular purpose, i.e. I have 8 validations in my hands which are limited for particular aeroplanes and company and purpose. Ferry flights, testflights, and some years back also for "normal" line flights as long as none of the airports of the issuing country was touched...strange but possible.

411A
23rd Jan 2001, 07:36
As I mentioned, the license (or validation) must match the aircraft registration, if used commercially. For example, a pilot with a UK ATPL and rated on (for example) a BAe-125 CANNOT come to the USA and fly a US registered BAe-125 without a US FAA license or validation. Simple as that.

FL310
23rd Jan 2001, 15:56
But the same UK guy can fly an N-registered aeroplane in the UK with a UK doc in his hands...

pot
23rd Jan 2001, 16:46
I have a problem almost like you. I have danish licences and want to fly a n-registered aircraft in Norway for private flights only. I can't find any answers if that is legal or not. I have asked faa on e-mail but there seems to be nobody home, well I haven't received an answer.
Can anybody help me here?
-pot

FL310
23rd Jan 2001, 21:29
pot, you are NOT allowed to fly that aeroplane in Norway without having a FAA licence or at least a validation for this aeroplane.
You are perfectly ok to fly the same aeroplane in Denmark so....got the picture?

411A
24th Jan 2001, 06:19
However, be advised that if, heaven forbid you have an accident, the aircraft liability and/or hull insurance may not be valid. BEWARE!!