PDA

View Full Version : Where do Middle East airlines fly?

RandyBMC
19th Sep 2011, 17:47
I know from experience that flydubai hit Kabul and Kandahar, as well as Erbil and Sulaimaniyah in Iraq.

What other "hot spots" do the other airlines in the Middle East serve? I am speaking strictly of passenger routes.

I heard that EK was going to start service to Baghdad, but did that happen? Who else, if anyone, serves Kabul besides the Afghan carriers?

I am most interested in Emirates, Etihad, Qatar and Air Arabia, but would like info from anyone relevant.

Thanks,
Randy

R6DXB
19th Sep 2011, 20:00
So you want us to google for you ?????????????????:ugh:

imnotwhoyouthinkiam
19th Sep 2011, 20:07
Gulf Air flies to all the hot spots. Its becoming their thing. They do 4 destinations in Iraq and Kabul + they'll start South Sudan soon.

RandyBMC
20th Sep 2011, 02:57
R6 - no, I did that. I wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth. For instance, some of the websites show a destination, only to say that it is temporarily suspended (Air Arabia's Kabul for instance).

As pilots, we are always familiar with the truth of where we actually serve, so I was trying to get accurate info for the region.

Thanks!

Oblaaspop
20th Sep 2011, 06:43
Truth????

Just interested as to which airlines you are aware of that keep their destinations a secret from their customers?? :hmm:

Shouldn't think it would be a very successful business model now would it?:ugh:

Out of interest, what the hell is a 'Teahid'?

muppet in the sky
20th Sep 2011, 09:13
Or possibly Teahid can be one those airlines "that doesn't disclose its existance to the passengers" :p

givemewings
20th Sep 2011, 22:39
Seems like "Teahid" is an auto correction- it's popping up all over the CC forums too....

Guess it's a taboo topic now since 'the letters' went out...

Flying Spag Monster
21st Sep 2011, 10:03
Randy, can't speak for Teahid but EKfly to the following destinations:

1. EAST, normally after the sun has set,
2. WEST, normally as the sun rises,
3. NORTH before proceeding to 1 or 2,
4. SOUTH, but normally before proceeding as per 3, and
5. All possible combinations and permutations of 1 to 4.

Hope this helps.

Wizofoz
21st Sep 2011, 11:18
...And have just announced the glorious, palatial Lusaka and Harare!!

The Turtle
21st Sep 2011, 13:37
Uranus!

bada-bing! too easy