PDA

View Full Version : VS 747 TF-ABA

crossy
18th Jan 2001, 16:46
Can anyone confirm if this aircrafts seats and interior are all VS colours. Do VS own this one or is it leased for the next few months? Seem to remember Air Atlanta somewhere involved.

The Guvnor
18th Jan 2001, 16:51
It's an Air Atlanta aircraft; I understand it will be based at MAN. Heard that it had been leased whilst the VS aircraft were undergoing overhaul and reconfiguration.

crossy
18th Jan 2001, 16:55
Just seen the aforementioned a/c operating LGW-BGI in VS colours, just wondered if interior matched. Off to UVF in a couple of weeks dont really want to be shafted with cheap air atlanta interior!

The Guvnor
18th Jan 2001, 18:31
I have no idea, but I really can't see Air Atlanta putting in a VS interior for what is simply a short term lease.

Hugh Jardon
18th Jan 2001, 18:43
Sorry Guv but you're wrong. It has got a VAA interior, even though it's a short term lease.

Extract from the VAA crew website:
"The aircraft will be in VAA livery, will have VAA cabin crew, seatback IFE in all cabins with the 'Gallery Plus' system, and J2000 cabin dressings. The aircraft will carry and display the full Virgin product, catering and amenities etc., consequently it simply becomes an addition to our fleet.

TH-ABA will be configured 32/29/336 with seat pitch of 55", 45" and 32" respectively. Upper Class and Premium Economy will be fitted with Cathay Skylux seats with seatback TV screens.

Our own cabin crew will be supported by an Air Atlanta purser wearing the Virgin Atlantic Airways uniform."

The Guvnor
18th Jan 2001, 20:02
Hugh - I stand corrected! Obviously VS learnt their lesson from the bad publicity they got from the Air Atlanta aircraft based at MAN last summer.

Wonder how much the reconfiguration cost - and what they plan to do with it when the lease expires?

Noddy Staltern
18th Jan 2001, 20:33
The aircraft is on a 6-month lease while 2 of the VAA Classics are in for a cabin refit. It wil be used on the Caribbean services (BGI, ANU & UVF) from Gatwick. At the end of the lease period it will be returned to Air Atlanta and the service will resume on the VAA Classics.

scroggs
18th Jan 2001, 23:30
Actually, I doubt that there was much in the way of reconfiguration costs. This aircraft is from the same ex-Cathay batch of RR 742s as VCAT and VRUM. It is not related to the awful 743 used at MAN last year. The IFE and seating on all these three 742s is to Cathay's specification; only the soft furnishings have been changed to the VS scheme, and a vinyl (I assume) 'paint job' has been applied.

Avman
19th Jan 2001, 01:46
Until quite recently TF-ABA was leased by IBERIA in their full livery along with TF-ABP.

Bystander
19th Jan 2001, 02:52
Funny things, coincidences . . . . .

LGW gets a lovely, freshly-equipped and re-styled 747 while MAN just got an off the peg replacement . . . .

odd that, isn't it?

David Stow-Moor
19th Jan 2001, 04:56
They obviously target their product in accordance to the local requirement...