PDA

View Full Version : SERCO Vacancies - Chester

Navpi
15th Sep 2011, 12:29
Not sure why but a number of SERCO vacancies have appeared at Chester (Hawarden) , ground manouvering officer, ATC Assistants, and Senior ATCOs.

Anybody know what going on for such a wholesale changes.

Looks like they have just got the contract BUT was under the assumption they pretty much ran this place anyway.

aluminium persuader
15th Sep 2011, 16:31
Serco have had Hawarden for years. Can't help you further than that though!

Danscowpie
15th Sep 2011, 18:24
Nothing on the SERCO Careers website to suggest that such vacancies exist.

Not sure why but a number of SERCO vacancies have appeared at Chester (Hawarden) , ground manouvering officer, ATC Assistants, and Senior ATCOs.

There is generally only one Senior ATCO at any one unit (unless he/she is the only ATCO on watch). What is a "Ground Manouvering Officer"?

Such a lack of basic knowledge leads me to suspect that there is a Troll at work.

ToweringCu
15th Sep 2011, 23:31
So they are looking for one ATCO then; not exactly wholesale changes.

Tower Ranger
16th Sep 2011, 05:13
I`m with Danscowpie, Nav`s initial post was so inaccurate and showed a clear lack of ATC knowledge, the second post just showed a clear lack of class.
I understand Serco Ace are also looking for cleaners at Brize Norton so there may be something big going on there too, lol.
Maybe some homework before posting next time?

DirectMCT
16th Sep 2011, 12:22
The positions were all on the SERCO web site last week, as well as Total Jobs and AviationJobsearch. They expired last Friday.

I too thought it odd.

Senior ATCO (s)

Assistant (s)

Ground Officer

Note the plural !!!!!!

I cannot recall the description of the last position but NAVPI is actually 100% correct.

The Ground Officer position was probably more to do with Serco terminology covering possibly Beluga operations.

Navpi , my sources at Hawarden suggest they are expanding operational hours.

Tower Ranger
16th Sep 2011, 14:08
I guess that means that you and I are in the Middle Eas, maybe he just didn`t get back in time for T.

DX Wombat
17th Sep 2011, 07:49
Anybody know what going on for such a wholesale changes.They are probably all thoroughly fed up with people referring to Hawarden as Chester. It isn't even in the same country let alone county. :* Chester's airfield was the now disused Poulton.

Navpi
12th Feb 2012, 07:47
Serco after a P/T position ATC Assistant, but this time only 12 hours over 2 days.

Anybody know the days required ?

off watch
12th Feb 2012, 15:01
They are probably all thoroughly fed up with people referring to Hawarden as Chester.

Er - I don't think so - the clue's here :-
Welcome to Chester Hawarden Airport (http://www.chesterairport.co.uk/)

littlefozz
10th Mar 2012, 13:48
That is not an 'official' airport website, it is that of a handling agent wishing to promote themsleves as local to Chester, which Hawarden is, to encourage business. Hawarden is not however in England, let alone Cheshire, it is in Flintshire, Wales.

Chester is just the best landmark descriptor for Hawarden's location. ;)