PDA

View Full Version : Trident Flight Manuals

Trident Sim
19th Jan 2001, 05:28
As some of you may know, an ex BEA/BA Hawker Siddeley Trident 3B simulator (BE 015/G-AWZQ), now privately owned, is based not far from Biggin Hill. The simulator is fully functional with 3 axis motion and a new, updated, computer generated night visual system.

The gentleman who owns it, runs it, and does all the maintenance on it, does so as a labour of love, born out of a keen interest in all forms of aviation, and is truly a most remarkable chap - his latest project is a Buccaneer simulator!

Under the supervision of a small team of volunteer instructors, of whom I have the privilege to be one, led by Raw Data, he allows pilots of varying experience and ability, drawn mainly from PPRuNers, to experience flying a jet simulator in "Wannabe Sim Days".

One of the many problems encountered with keeping this simulator going is a general lack of documentation, and in particular the old BEA Trident 3B Flight Manuals - the dark green ones! If anyone has any such documentation or manuals, or any Trident memorabilia that they would care to donate to this worthy cause, then may I invite them to e-mail me at:

[email protected]

I will try to arrange collection from you, and can ensure delivery to the Trident simulator. Any Trident manuals will be most gratefully received and will be put to good use. Thank you in advance,

Trident Sim.

foghorn
21st Jan 2001, 03:05
Hi Trident,

Check your e-mail,

Cheers!
foggy

DHC Twin
21st Jan 2001, 05:04
Sorry, a total waste of your time and absolutelly nothing to contribute exept to say good luck with the venture.Unfortunately I didn't fly it,but I grew up with it!