PDA

View Full Version : pilot looking for help

pilot looking for work
18th Jan 2001, 02:33
I.M IRISH WITH A IRISH CPL/ATPL/FAA CPL/MUTI IR RATING.
looking for work,but no luck.
also i.m using the BAC 1-11 in dublin airport with AERLINGUS.
so is there anyone that can give me some info about any jobs going in IRELAND or the UK?

[This message has been edited by pilot looking for work (edited 18 January 2001).]

AYLGR
18th Jan 2001, 03:18
You`ll find using the Caps Lock key and taking breath between sentences might help your job hunting.
If you can`t take the time to present yourself well here, then how do you do at those application forms?
Sorry to be blunt, but you need to start off right.
Bob

AYLGR
18th Jan 2001, 22:16
Message edited due to misunderstanding now clarified (complaint recieved from anon poster, not PLFW!)

Bob

[This message has been edited by AYLGR (edited 18 January 2001).]

Pilot Pete
21st Jan 2001, 16:34
PLFW

There are lots of jobs going here in the UK but I suspect you will need a JAR or UK frozen ATPL minimum, contact the CAA at Gatwick for what you need to do to convert. As for job hunting I see you are new to Pprune so find the search facility and start looking in there for various threads about the subject. Get hold of all the airlines addresses from the IPA (Independent Pilot's Association) and get your CV out to them. Follow this up and see what you get. I think you need the best part of 1000hrs TT with around 100 multi engine to be in with a good shout, but that said people do get jobs straight off Ab Initio courses with only 250hrs TT. It's all supply and demand, the competition is fierce and just securing an interview let alone a job is a success in itself. Good luck.

PP