PDA

View Full Version : M/Soft Flt Sim 2000

CCAero
16th Aug 2001, 15:29
Does anybody know how to make a successful ILS approach on Microsoft Flight Sim 2000??!! :)

C.130
16th Aug 2001, 15:55
try pointing the nose of the aircraft towards the runway, putting some flaps down, then your gear, reduce the power and then desend. Once on the runway kick in the thrust revs and apply the brakes.

Easy peasy :D

window-seat
16th Aug 2001, 16:33
Go to LESSONS, go to INSTRUMENT RATING, pick ILS approach......do as the instructor says!
& BINGO! Then go try it in the 73! :D

CCAero
16th Aug 2001, 17:23
Thanks window-seat. Are you suggesting I should read the manual god forbid??!! Will try the lessons anyway. As for C-130, have you tried your method with low cloud and the runway at right-angles?

C.130
16th Aug 2001, 17:28
Clound and right angles, have you not seen the weather menu in flight sim, just turn the clouds off and as for right angles, go to map view and line yourself up without all the hassle of trying to do it by flying the route, as always if in doubt CHEAT!!!!.

Seriously, it is not that difficult to line yourself up if you use the nav aids. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CCAero
16th Aug 2001, 17:33
Thanks C-130, remind me never to fly with you!!

C.130
16th Aug 2001, 17:38
I am a very safe pilot, just forget to put the wheels down on the odd occasion, you could always not bother lining up for the runway if you are coming in at a right angle, try landing on a taxiway instead, great fun, of course you could try the runway but you would find it to be very short, but the bonus is it would also be very very wide.

:rolleyes:

Desk Driver
16th Aug 2001, 20:35
Annorak on:

If your getting an ocilation on the Glideslope try downloading the patch from msn.com and that'll sort it.

BTW I trust you've dialed in the correct ILS frequency.

Annorak off:

:p

Claviateur
16th Aug 2001, 21:23
Hi,

as MSFS is a free for all game cathegory simulator, anyone can do any modificatin to it . Thats why if you use the out of the box planes, you have a great chance that those will give you a bad time when you try to fly them manually IFR.
1rst of all get a descent 3rd party flight dynamic, if you want props then go to: http://www.fsd-international.com/flight_dynamics/
If you want jets: http://people.zeelandnet.nl/johd/FDE/fde.html
Note that those are only dynamics, and they are the best available within the simulator limits. Also they should be linked to specific visual models or if you do not carr about eye candy then just link them to any default airplane. As long as you do not look from spot plane or replay, you should be ok.

Cheers

ft
17th Aug 2001, 12:58
have you tried your method with low cloud and the runway at right-angles

Low clouds perpendicular to the RWY?! :eek: Quite a RWY slope or odd WX! :D

Cheers,
/ft

[ 17 August 2001: Message edited by: ft ]

EGGD
17th Aug 2001, 18:03
Is it just me or is the glideslope directly to the threshold of the runway, i am always too high when i land in the touchdown area.

Might post a screenshot of this in action.. later

mstram
17th Aug 2001, 18:11
CCAero,

What specifically is the problem you're having ? I've used all kinds of planes in MS FS for ILS landings without any problem.

Mike