PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building Europe/ S.Africa

Izzarch
9th Sep 2011, 13:21
Another hour building request thread I'm afraid! I would appreciate any suggestions for Cessna 152/ 172 rental ideally in Europe but also S. Africa if this was an option, where they may have some pleasant VFR flying available over the next month or so.
I'm hoping to commence my CPL in mid October and was hoping to knock over some more P1 hours this month, however the weather in the NW UK has remained distinctly summery (UK style) despite the kids going back to school, plus am getting fat(ter) sitting round eating the flying club biscuits!
Any honest advice/ personal experience would be most welcome as i've fallen foul of those nice shiny websites before!!!
Just to note, have considered the US, but seems the paperwork takes an average of 45 - 60 days to clear prior to even thinking about aviating.

Thank you in advance

Rik.

172driver
9th Sep 2011, 15:34
Try southern Spain. Aerodynamics in Malaga should be able to sort you out. Google them.

Izzarch
9th Sep 2011, 18:38
Thank you 172 Driver, had not considered hour building with 'Aerodynamics' and know of their excellent commercial training reputation, so E-Mail request promptly sent.

Thank you for taking the time to reply so quickly.:)

Rik.

Dane-Ger
9th Sep 2011, 21:40
What about a dry lease and fly it yourself from the UK down through Europe and back again? there are a few places about offering dry leases. I did a tour of the UK (about 70 hours) in a C152 from bigredkite.com.

smarthawke
9th Sep 2011, 21:56
Another vote for Big Red Kite Aviation (http://www.bigredkite.com/) - plenty of very satisfied customers about and you save the air fare on flying somewhere in something that you can't claim the hours for!

Izzarch
12th Sep 2011, 08:29
Thank you Dane-ger & Smarthawke.
Am very fortunate to have a Cessna on hand during the week at very reasonable rates but I was hoping for an 'Indian Summer' to explore the UK, however the weather has other ideas!!