PDA

View Full Version : Heading to a Royal Aeronautical Society Conference Tonight

WILCO.XMG
8th Sep 2011, 13:00
Heading to a Raes conference tonight.

Its on "How safe is flying?" by Ted Mc Court an Ex Aer Lingus captain.

Does anyone know what to expect from these types of things? This is my first one.

Genghis the Engineer
8th Sep 2011, 13:52
If it's a branch lecture, probably tea and biscuits, 45-60 minutes of lecture, 15-30 minutes of questions, bit of chat, go home. Probably a few RAeS parish notices before or after. Generally the standard of lecture is semi-technical and very well delivered.

G

WILCO.XMG
8th Sep 2011, 14:02
Thanks Genghis.

You always seem to have the answers. Yes its a branch lecture. First one so looking forward to it.

Something to get me warmed up for final year of Uni anyway.

WILCO

WILCO.XMG
8th Sep 2011, 22:12
I am just back.

First of all id like to say what an enjoyable talk it was and came across very well. I would defiently make myself avaliable for one again.

Next though. I must have been the only person in the room below 55. I know 50 is the new twenty and all but that is strange.

Where are the next generation going to come from that keep this, quite important in my opinion, society alive.

They had their AGM after the talk which i didn't stay for. Thought it could have been a little rude, seeing as it was my first time there and all.

Genghis the Engineer
8th Sep 2011, 22:51
The over-50 thing is, I regret, all too common. Occasionally they surprise you, but the fact is those achieving stuff in aviation now, tend to be too busy to go to these things.

The exception tends, sometimes, to be branches based at RAF stations or universities.

G