PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL/ATP which school/acadamy?

BlipOnTheRadar
14th Aug 2001, 03:27
I'm planning on doing my CPL in the States very shortly but am struggling to find a flying training establishment that (i)can offer the course I want when I want. & (ii)hasn't been slagged off!

As you will appreciate there is a lot of money at stake here and I'll only get one shot at this so I need a reputable company.
My shortlist so far has been:
(1) Embry-Riddle, no-go because the course starts Sept 10 and I don't have my visa yet.
(2) Pan Am International Flight Acadamy, not sure on this one, heard it had gone bankrupt a few times.
(3) Flight Safety Acadamy, I was told this had a reputation of treating it's students poorly.
(4) Phoenix East Aviation, sent them an e-mail last week but not heard a thing yet... any comments??

With over 800 FTO's in the States it could take some time to find a good one at this rate, so any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

BOTR ;)

GlueBall
14th Aug 2001, 03:54
web page (http://comairacademy.com)

BlipOnTheRadar
14th Aug 2001, 15:30
Thank fo that GB much appreciated.

I don't suppose you know about "green cards" do you? :confused: Would an airline such as Delta offer employment to a non US national so that a work permit may be issued? or would they just seek to employ persons already holding a permit?

Many thanks once again :D

BOTR