PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please

Multi Phil
15th Jan 2001, 23:31
Dear All,

I appear to be in a bit of a dilemma. I'm 22 have a PPL 100hrs tt, I've applied to lots of sponsorship schemes and not really got anywhere. So I approached the bank for a loan to look at doing a self-funded frzn ATPL course, the bank could give some finance but not enough to complete an ATPL and also they wanted guarantees of a job at the end. So the question is what do I do? Some of my friends in the industry have recommended a join as Cabin Crew so that I'm in the industry and perhaps then try the sponsorship route again, as I'm only 22.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

touch&go
16th Jan 2001, 00:12
Sorry for an abrupt answer but I was in the same boat as you at your age, not enought money and no airlines offering sponsorship, so I worked hard, save the money and eventually started my training at 32 years of age, now I'm 35 with a Turbo Prop job, so don't wait around for someone to pay for your training, if you realy want to fly then like most of us it may take lots of your own hard earned money to get there.

DashDriver
16th Jan 2001, 02:56
Phil, where are you currently located? If you are in the US I can suggest some good routes to take. Reply with a post of where you are located and I will tell you what I can.

Take care