PDA

View Full Version : Kiss Air

Obi Wan Kirk
15th Jan 2001, 14:01
Does anyone know anything about Kiss Air?

Fish
15th Jan 2001, 15:21
Not another one of Nigel Harris' ideas is it? The last one was Love Air...

HugMonster
16th Jan 2001, 00:33
Oh boy, I hope not...

If it is, give it as wide a berth as possible...

If that guy had the last flying job on earth, I'd go for another career.

HugMonster
16th Jan 2001, 21:30
Having now seen the ad, it doesn't look anything like his style - too well-funded! :)

------------------
Breeding Per Dementia Unto Something Jolly Big, Toodle-pip

Albert Slong
17th Jan 2001, 07:00
Hello tower this is KISS69.................
Tower you taking the P***..................

I don’t think so somehow :)

HugMonster
17th Jan 2001, 16:46
I fhtey are going to have slogans on the aircraft similar to Go's ("Go Now", etc.), the people thingking them up are going to have a ball!

"Kiss Me Quick" on the short routes
"Kiss My A**" scheduled to push back just when Go or RyanAir want to push from the oppostie stand
"Kiss The Blarney Stone" for the Irish services
"French Kiss" on the CDG services

Any more?

------------------
Breeding Per Dementia Unto Something Jolly Big, Toodle-pip

Flightrider
17th Jan 2001, 21:57
To answer the question seriously, they are a paper airline which wants to fly 737-300s from Heathrow to Chambery and Bergamo. It seems like one of life's more hare-brained paper airlines - don't know who's behind it. It's largely academic as they don't have any usable Heathrow slots anyway.

Xenia
18th Jan 2001, 04:39
Uhmmmm...it seems like they are recruiting...so all this kissair it's not a joke??? :) :) Had a look in their website www.kissair.com (http://www.kissair.com)

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

Boss Raptor
18th Jan 2001, 19:04
Well this one seemed to creep up without too much prior notice...has anyone seen any 'due diligence' i.e. financials, backing etc.?

Was about to make the comment about the 'silly' name but there again who ever thought we'd see airlines called Easyjet and Go!!

Cahlibahn
19th Jan 2001, 20:11
This is interesting. 8 seperate companies registered at companies house, rumours of funding and/or tech support from Alitalia. Stated intention of crews based at LHR etc etc. So where do the slots come from, have they got an AOC, where are their 737-400 aircraft coming from? So many questions, no one seems to have any facts

Flightrider
20th Jan 2001, 13:42
A) They don't have a UK AOC and nor have they applied for one.

B) The only Heathrow slots they hold are very early morning departures and very late night arrivals on a few days of the week only, which is certainly insufficient to support their planned routes and to keep the aircraft busy.

I honestly don't attach much credence to this one - unless someone big is bankrolling the operation with both slots and finances, then I wouldn't hold my breath.