PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Jumpseat Policy

reverserdeployed
15th Jan 2001, 19:07
Off to the Big Apple with the wooly jumpers in a few weeks.

Any chance of getting the j/s at least for T/O or landing? Are there any Virgin SoP's about visitors to the F/D?

------------------
"Something hit us - there's nobody left to fly the plane!!" AIRPORT '77

tailscrape
16th Jan 2001, 15:01
Reverser,

Only flown once with em. LGW-MCO and back. There were 4 of us trainee pilots on board going to the states. Explained to purser who told Captain and bingo all up in flightdeck in the cruise. Two were invited to stay for landing.

I cam back a week earlier than the others and again was offered a landing jumpseat into LGW.

It would appear to me that VS are pretty friendly. Just explain your interest as per usual.

Anyway that is the end of another boring chapter in my life! More thrilling instalments in due course.

Byeee.

reverserdeployed
16th Jan 2001, 17:35
ta

scroggs
19th Jan 2001, 00:05
Be nice to us, don't call us woolly jumpers (at least not to our faces), explain your interest, and you may be invited to the flight deck. Please understand, though, that there are many reasons why it may not be possible. For example, if the trip is being used for training or examination, or there are staff occupying the jump seats, you may not get your wish. Don't take it personally, and ask again next time. Best of luck!

DHC Twin
21st Jan 2001, 05:54
A very,very gorgeous ex of mine let me sit in over the Atlantic on a 742.The Captain didn't have a choice!(Well ofcourse he did!- but JP was the boss!)
Anyone know what the bloody hell I'm talking about!JP - Are you there????x