PDA

View Full Version : CROSSAIR info

flufdriver
8th Aug 2001, 00:22
Anybody out there have any fairly recent info on Crossair?
Specifically; are they hiring direct entry Captains at present, if so, any additional info like on what equipment, pay and whatever else is important would be very much appreciated. thanks.

The archives search function seems to be overloaded.

I don't know why, but suddenly I hear the Alphorns calling.

fly4fud
8th Aug 2001, 01:39
As far as I know, they still do hire DECDR. Don't know what the minimum requirements are.
Type of aircraft, most probable would be the Embrio 145, followed by the Saab 2000. If you are really lucky, you might get a seat on the ARJ. Nevertheless, the whole squadron is equipped with recent and descently outfitted airplanes :)
Pay :( Well, you sure won't get rich. Starting pay for a CDR is CHF 83'875 a year (before tax!). Add to this the CHF 3 / flight hour and your still not much richer :( And don't forget the very high cost of living in central Europe.
Rostering, quite good now. Count with about 50-60 block hours monthly. About 4-6 reserve days a month. About half of them worked.
Vacations, 4 weeks a year, 5 after 5 years with the company.

Have fun :cool:

flufdriver
8th Aug 2001, 03:07
Thanks for the info, too bad they don't pay a little better, I suppose if I want to return to europe I'll have to consider Easy or Ryan or something like that.
At least the money appears to be a little better.

I guess what would really be perfect, would be to do the Summer in Europe and the Winter in the Caribbean and get well paid on both ends, whilst having a wonderful time.

Sorry, must have nodded off...

kickstart
8th Aug 2001, 11:08
I Checked in to this some months ago when I was in the cheese country and seems they do still hire direct entry captains, but you must either speck or be willing to learn on of the national languages, german, french or italian, which is that hard is it?
Pay is on the low side and the cheapest housing I have seen is a barn for CH$50000.

+TS
11th Aug 2001, 13:52
Don't be too hard on Crossair. Pay is much better than in a lot of other companies. Aircraft are all new (< 5 years). Nice routenetwork (lot's of destinations). Good internal atmosphere.
Cost of living in swiss is high but as a foreigner you are even not allowed to live in switzerland. So, living in france or germany is much cheaper and not too bad. Tax pay in france is less than 15 %. Net almost equals gross.

Leviathan
11th Aug 2001, 22:18
Fly4Fud

Thanks for the info....applied recently myself and was curious if you knew, whether or not they acknowledge applications?

Is it wise or appropriate to follow up the app with a call etc.? Thanks in advance

Leviathan

fly4fud
12th Aug 2001, 19:28
Leviathan, at the time I applied (>2 years ago), my app was acknowledged quite rapidly (about 2 weeks).
IMHO, I sure would call'em and ask what's going on if u haven't received a sign of life in due time

Leviathan
12th Aug 2001, 21:12
f4f

Thanks, once again

Leviathan