PDA

View Full Version : Can You Get Hired W/History

flyboy975
13th Jan 2001, 09:58
I am trying to find out if a person with a history (DUI seven years ago) can get a job at the majors today? If you have heard of someone getting hired, what airline was it? Are there any companies notoriously easier on this offense than others? I need your help guys!

DashDriver
14th Jan 2001, 20:21
Hi flyboy,
From what I know and have heard you can still get hired at a major with that offense on your back. It all just depends upon when the offense happened and the circumstances in which it occured. If it was 7 years ago that is a fairly long time. If you apply somewhere make sure and put it down and own up to it. If they know you have learned from your mistake they won't be as hard on you. I knew someone that had another offense on his record when he was very very young. He ultimately forgot about it and was all set to go to work for a major and they found out about it and pulled his class date from him, OUCH! I hope this gives you some insight.

Take Care

giantkiller
15th Jan 2001, 14:52
what is dvu ?
i think i can help teel me your flying hours and type of a/c on your lic. and your lic details i.e atpl ,caa ...
regards