PDA

View Full Version : Bromsgrove Farm Strip

rich_hodgetts
26th Aug 2011, 19:50
Hi,

I would be interested to know if anybody has any contacts concerning the farm strip located near Stoney Lane in Bromsgrove?

It is so close to my house I would really like to find out about what goes on there - its certainly closer than my 78 mile commute to get airborne!

Thanks

Rich

Ultra long hauler
26th Aug 2011, 20:15
It is so close to my house I would really like to find out about what goes on there

My personal advice, go there and talk to somebody!

I donīt fly in the U.K, nor do I have any experience with smaller strips over there (Heathrow donīt qualify as such), but I have discovered loads of small (seemingly) abandoned airfields where I live.

When I spot one (either from the air or from the road) I tend to go there by car at a convenient time and just speak to anyone thatīs out there. An employee, security personnel from a nearby farm or company; you name it. Itīs normally easy to obtain a phone number or something……..

If thereīs no info available at all, or when I am not able to get in by car; I tend to just go there during my next flight--> provided the runway looked OK. Then you definitely get attention, and you know itīs easier to ask forgiveness than permission at times.

Never had an unfriendly encounter yet (apart from a few dogs); in fact I am now officially welcome at all strips I discovered this way.
Small airstrips tend to welcome unexpected visitors, and I guess the key in things like this--> is simply the way you ask………..

###Ultra Long Hauler###