PDA

View Full Version : Go-Fly aircraft

G-BPEC
16th Apr 2001, 20:01
Hi, This may seem like an odd question, but here goes... I am flying with Go to Venice in July, and I was wondering, are some Go 737's assigned to domestic routes only, and some to international routes only, or do they utilise the whole fleet on their entire route network? If this is not the case, can anyone tell me which aircraft normally fly to Venice? I know it seems an odd question, but just interested.

Thanks a lot
G-BPEC

Fast Jet Wannabe
16th Apr 2001, 21:18
Go currently have 14 Boeing 737-300's, with more on the way.

The fleet is made up of aircraft with, I believe, 2 different types of engines.

The older and less powerful aircraft are, I believe, G-IGOA - G-IGOH. The newer ones are G-IGOI - G-IGOS. (I may have got the division in the wrong place slightly)

The later aircraft are more powerful and offer better economy, and are therefore used on the longer routes, and especially those which are "hot and high" (e.g. Malaga in the summer with the high surrounding terrain)

Having said that, this is a rule of thumb, and exceptions are very frequently made in order to get the best usage of aircraft possible.

Naturally, the older aircraft are seen more frequently on the domestic routes such as Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast. Whilst the newer ones tend to get the Malaga's, Naples, Faro's, and Tenerifes etc!

Outwardly - and from a passenger point of view, there are no difference between the aircraft, apart from that they are all painted different colours!

On a typical July Venice trip, you can pretty much expect a newer aircraft on the run.

Hope this helps!

FJW.

G-BPEC
16th Apr 2001, 21:31
Thanks FJW, That does help quite a lot. Does anyone know where I can get a list of the Venice flight aircraft for the past couple of months? (GO 181/2) I know its a spotter type question, but I am quite interested in aircraft rostering and that sort of thing. Thanks
G-BPEC

OpsBoy
17th Apr 2001, 04:55
G-BPEC, as regards VCE believe the whole fleet can be rostered thru this destination

------------------
The Legend lives on ... OpsBoy !!!!