PDA

View Full Version : Bae146/rj type rating

Mickflyer
25th Aug 2011, 04:20
I have just completed a type rating course on the bae146 thru my airline with Oxford aviation academy in woodford. I hold a jaa frozen atpl and a Ghanaian ICAO licence. I completed my type training following the jaa syllabus however Oaa had a blunder and although I passed my skill test they can't sign my skill test form as completed under jar rules because the TRIs licence had expired and was due for renewal whilst I was taught. I am entitled to have the type rating endorsed to my ICAO frozen atpl but I now feel "robbed" on having my first Type to my jaa frozen atpl.

Does anyone know how I can go about it to still have it credited to my jaa licence, having fulfilled every requirements and just falling short of not having it on my uk jaa frozen atpl because their sim instructors tri rating had lapsed and being renewed shortly after I passed my skill test which is annoying?

My airline payed the type rating and they are satisfied as it will be endorsed to my ICAO licence anyway but it's for my own benefit that I want it on my jaa licence.
I've heard my second option is that I can do an opc after 500 hours but don't know how true that is or if it will change when jar becomes easa? :confused:

Nimer767
27th Aug 2011, 19:22
well , i believe you can stamp it on your JAA license after 500 hours on type , but you will need to pass a simulator check with approved JAA examiner , why dont you contact them !