PDA

View Full Version : KLM Interview - Help!

Sunseeker
19th Feb 2001, 21:02
Could someone please help me with any information on KLM uk. I'm trying to find out how many planes they have & what their routes are out of Stansted and Leeds-Bradford.
I've tried getting onto their website but it keeps crashing on me. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.......

Jetheat
19th Feb 2001, 23:39
Send me an email and I will let u know

aerobat
20th Feb 2001, 00:38
Nine FK50 operating between AMS and LCY,NWI,HUY,LBA and MME.
Fourteen F100 AMS to STN,BHX,MAN,NEW,GLA,EDI,ABZ.

Roughly speaking one a/c starts the day from the outstation, another commences in AMS and they spend all day criss crossing.

The other ten BAE146 and two B737 are still crewed by KLMuk but are in Buzz colours, based in STN and operate to Europe - see Buzz site for all the destinations.

One ATR72 operated by us on damp lease for BRAL just JER - SOU.

trustno1
20th Feb 2001, 13:13
Does anybody know what's the starting salary for a FO on F50's.

aerobat
20th Feb 2001, 15:30
From April with impending payrise it will be around 23K.

Self auth
28th Feb 2001, 18:23
Would I be correct in saying that KLM uk's operations are purely the supply of feeder flights to and from Schiphol, with no other regional services whatsoever now?

DeltaT
28th Feb 2001, 19:28
self auth

yes, though watch out for impending mergers/take-overs in the wind

Ray D'Avecta
28th Feb 2001, 19:30
Correct.

buzz now fly the 'sexy' routes :)

------------------
"Airspeed is life.....Altitude is life insurance!"

Self auth
28th Feb 2001, 19:43
Delta T,

when you say mergers, are you refering to the Alitalia merger that Flight have been talking about? What has been going on between KLM and Alitalia, press releases from last year said the alliance was over, but early this year they seem to be in talks again,this time about a merger. Is this correct? Did the alliance finish last year? I would of thought that if the airlines can't agree terms within an alliance then they are going to struggle with terms and conditions of a merger. Also, any idea on how the bid for GO is going?

RichT
28th Feb 2001, 20:23
I haven't read the Flight article but as I under stand it the alliance fell apart for various reasons. The Italian government, denationalisation of Alitalia, open skies agreement with the US and problems with proposed Italian hub to name but a few.

DeltaT
1st Mar 2001, 17:09
See topic
GO NOW OWNED KY KLM?
in 'Rumours and News' forum, for further arguements on this topic