PDA

View Full Version : UKGA dot com?

keni
22nd Aug 2011, 08:44
Hey Guys,

does anyone know what's happened to the UKGA website?

VictorGolf
22nd Aug 2011, 09:25
It was very clunky yesterday but I got in OK earlier today...albeit quite slowly.

Oldpilot55
22nd Aug 2011, 09:33
Its working OK now

keni
26th Aug 2011, 10:15
Was a little busy over the last few days and forgot to check, but just noticed the email from them which prompted me to have a look again...

No issues now, so no idea what happened there...

good to see it back though.

IO540
26th Aug 2011, 11:05
It's a very small forum - how many people read it? Most of them seem to be from Cardiff or Swansea.

Vick Van Guard
26th Aug 2011, 15:32
It's a very small forum - how many people read it? Most of them seem to be from Cardiff or Swansea.

That’s as may be, but the flight planning and log book applications are useful.

Especially now it is all free. :ok:

L'aviateur
15th Jul 2012, 20:06
Does anyone else experience scripts errors on parts of the UKGA website? I really struggle with both Internet Explorer and Safari on this website, tried it with a few different computers and have the same problem.

carlmeek
15th Jul 2012, 22:01
It totally hangs Firefox and has for some time now (months).

It really needs some work on its JavaScript.

liam548
16th Jul 2012, 02:52
I use the site and often submit reviews. I think it is a good resource really.

:ok:

L'aviateur
16th Jul 2012, 08:14
I like the site too Liam, just wish it actually worked though. The content is great, but the script errors are just unbearable with some browsers.

liam548
16th Jul 2012, 20:00
I have to say that the usual bloatware of internet explorer seems to handle it quite well with me, I have very few issues. I agree it could be a bit slicker though.

jxc
16th Jul 2012, 21:40
No problems using it on Chrome

manix-cs
21st Jul 2012, 20:03
I gave up on GA.com a long time ago when I discovered that they were ignoring all the automatically generated error logs when the planning software crashed. Don't know what it's like now, but as it wasn't up to standard (and I got a naff response from the programmers) I moved on to more reliable and functionally superior offerings.

Gertrude the Wombat
21st Jul 2012, 20:21
Some how "free" and the expectations for decent quality software and customer service don't seem to add up ... which do you want, folks, "free" or "decent software and service"?

OK so sometimes you can get both, but don't be surprised if it evaporates when someone decides they've had enough of giving their life away.

jxk
22nd Jul 2012, 06:20
I like the site too Liam, just wish it actually worked though. The content is great, but the script errors are just unbearable with some browsers.

Never had a problem using Firefox and XP: I use the logbook function as a back-up for my paper one. The contributors do seem to be a bit parochial though.

peterh337
22nd Jul 2012, 06:32
IIRC, that forum has a "history" in that it was kicked off at a certain airfield (Swansea or something like that) so most of the very small group of posters come from the same place.

I drop in once a month :)