PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a pilots stag night

wysiwyg
4th Aug 2001, 18:26
I'm best man at my my mates wedding later this year and need to organise a stag night. Most of us attending are pilots so a flying theme would work well but is not essential. What we don't want to do is go out and get lagered up and end up at the other end of the country naked.

Any ideas would be warmly welcomed

regards
wizzy

Iain
4th Aug 2001, 19:47
Get the groom drunk and stick him on a plane with a 1 way ticket!

chiglet
4th Aug 2001, 22:44
Try a visit to "LATCC" :D
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

Chirpy Pilot
5th Aug 2001, 00:17
Is this an open invitation. Must get my request in. Woudn't it be great for an annual event to let the hair down. Suggest Stringfellows. :eek: :eek:

wysiwyg
5th Aug 2001, 01:09
Chiglet - not a bad idea, especially as it is only a few miles from my house and I have the right sort of contacts. However, I would need to have something else up my sleeve as the non-pilots would need entertaining too. Had toyed with the idea of getting everyone doing a tandem skydive but that would probably just be too weather dependent.

keep 'em coming

Dan Winterland
5th Aug 2001, 01:26
Best stag night I went on invilved taking a ferry to go to Amsterdam for a weekend. Lots of fizzy pops were consumed on the crossing, but unfortunately on arrival at the party capital of europe, it transpired the groom had been left on the ferry and in fact was on his way back to Harwich lying in a pool of his own vomit in a force 8. He wasn't very happy, but we had a great time!

wysiwyg
5th Aug 2001, 16:04
Any suggestions that don't involve getting mullered?

JB007
5th Aug 2001, 16:58
Had a drink with my old man at The Clipper Bar, upstairs from The China House on Piccadilly, (200mtrs from The Ritz)

It's a bit expensive but could be a good meeting place...the bars laid out like the old Clipper A/c that used to fly USA to Asia in days gone by...good food too..

Cheers

mad_jock
5th Aug 2001, 17:24
There is a place up near aviemore which does stag weekends/ outdoor activitys.

Entertainment includes

Clay pigeon shooting.
Quad biking.
Canoeing.
Sailing.
Abseiling.
Hillwalking.
Off road landrover assault courses
etc

I have heard of groups going back with the girls because it was good fun.

There are also places down south that have lots of ex army kit which you can thrash round a mud field for entertainment.

MJ

Ennie
5th Aug 2001, 21:08
Through experience a weekend in Ibiza is a good crack, summer months obviously! :D :D

wysiwyg
6th Aug 2001, 01:24
That's more like it! I particularly likely the stylish idea of The Clipper Bar.

Anyone else?