PDA

View Full Version : Part time GA work?

Milton1995
17th Aug 2011, 11:11
As we all know, flying is not cheap :*. Basically I'm looking for any ideas on getting a weekend/ full time job in school holidays. 16, sometimes intelligent :E hard working and willing to do anything... ( within reason :})

Any ideas ? :ok:

Avionyx
17th Aug 2011, 11:20
Go down to the local flying clubs and ask if they need anyone to wash their aircraft, or even just the windows/windscreens.
Thats the way I used to fund my PPL.

I would advise probably going down there in person, and not emailing/ringing. You won't get a lot but I used to get perhaps an hours free instruction a month doing it, as well as cash.

Got plenty of time going along taking the aircraft to check's, fuelling up etc too. Great way of experiencing flying club life.
Best of luck!

Obi_Wan
17th Aug 2011, 11:27
I'd second Avionyx. I started mopping and sweeping hanger floors, before being asked to help clean and move aircraft. It didn't take long before I knew the instructors and hours building pilots well, refuelling for them and getting free rides. Pay was rubbish, but any better paid jobs at the time wouldn't have bought the flying I got out of it.

Obi Wan

Jan Olieslagers
17th Aug 2011, 16:31
I started mopping and sweeping hanger floors

Well I do wonder who allowed you such free access to their intimate parts. Better stick to hangar floors!

theairbase
17th Aug 2011, 19:38
Find out the local business editor of the local newspaper and design a story ie 80 year old takes a pleasure flight of memories etc become needed and you have your hour building. However it is a good thing to be an extrovert and clean the toilets ow and then. In the meantime I am looking for someone to share the flying hire of an Aicraft at Blackpool to keep my hours up. I am PPL A JAA

Obi_Wan
18th Aug 2011, 12:03
:O :O :O :O :O