PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia Non Type Rated DEC Interview

BANANASBANANAS
16th Aug 2011, 16:30
I have been offered an interview at fairly short notice for a Direct Entry Command with Air Asia.

If any kind soul could let me have the latest on tech questions, sim profiles etc for Non Type Rated DEC I would be most grateful.

PM if you prefer.

Thanks

Bananas:ok:

overmars
17th Aug 2011, 04:29
Hi Capt Bananas, one of our Msian captains has gone back to AirAsia, based in KL, A320. You could check out the details with him.

Do-27
17th Aug 2011, 05:33
Hi all!!

Trying to apply through the web page of Air Asia for DEC.....:\ always says ERROR when trying to attach the mandatory files..:ugh:

Any other mail where i may send my aplicattion?:O:8....

Thanks in advance!! nice landings!!:ok::ok:

BANANASBANANAS
17th Aug 2011, 10:55
Thanks for all the PMs guys. I am mightily impressed.

Bananas

didjubrinabeer
17th Aug 2011, 12:42
Hey Guys,

I have an interview at AA coming up....was after any interview process stuff...tech qs...sim etc...
Love to chat to someone whos got some insight..

Happy landings:

etops777
17th Aug 2011, 15:26
Bananas

You're leaving SQ Cargo?

Mat Sapu
23rd Aug 2011, 08:50
anybody know of any fast trek approach to AK recruitment?

kanchengjunga
23rd Aug 2011, 09:02
Somebody may make a fast track to your wallet!:=

Akbar Al Sabah
24th Aug 2011, 04:54
is the lato' korublacahan sigh al oogajar recruiting for AK fast track al jet airways recruitment in malasia thread?

cmcjma
30th Aug 2011, 18:11
DO-27, I had the same issue. But analysing the description of the reported error, it was because I did not used the pop up windows to set the birth date.
I did it manually in order to save time, but...
Using the pop up windows, I could succesfuly sent the application.

didjubrinabeer
31st Aug 2011, 01:57
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the pms re AA.

Cheers

Filam
5th Sep 2011, 16:32
Hello All,

I just got a short notice as well for an interview in 2 days. I wanted to know if anyone can provide me the tech questions and human resource questions for this interview? I'm applying for the first officer position.

Appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks!

Heritage 1
7th Sep 2011, 14:42
Why not post the interview details on here, or is it a secret?:)

F14
7th Sep 2011, 20:26
Hey Filam, good to hear you got an interview are you Type Rated on the bus ? What kind of experience are you?

m.s.r.l.p.
9th Sep 2011, 04:12
Just received an interview date , will be for february 2012 , take it or leave it!
How this is possible ??? 5 months from now !!
Anyone got idea why so long??
cheers

mugal2000
9th Sep 2011, 14:09
Hi guys

Anyone had HR contacts for Air Asia,I applied three weeks ago but no reply yet.

Thanks in advance.

F14
9th Sep 2011, 16:09
Yes, I just got the feb offer too.....maybe because I'm on 3 months notice.

Anyway, does anyone know what the money and bases are? The PPJN says the money is very low........ :(

volare_737
10th Sep 2011, 01:37
Money after Tax about 9000$ depending on exchange rates. If you fly a lot maybe more. After that you till get about 2000 odd $ in to your Pension.
At the moment all new joiners go to Kuching and from there you can request by seniority list to move to othere bases. Bases are KL , Penang, Kota Kinabalu and Kutching. I am still new here but I thing lots of guys want to go to KK. Have never been there , so can't comment.

volare_737
10th Sep 2011, 01:39
To add to the above. No flying you only get your basic of about 3200 $. So during training and leave - less money !!!!

Apache702
10th Sep 2011, 10:15
First day: Welcome and company presentation, Very nice people.:ok:
Technical examen, 50 questions, 45 mins to complete,
(read Ace Pilot interview)

Groupe exercise: watch a 5-10 mins video, about two pilot having an engine problem, engine shut down, after the video you discuss
their CRM, decision making, communication, judgement..etc...
you have to talk about it about 10 mins and after you talk in front of the class one by one.

Day 2: Interview, standard I would say, why u want to join AA, why should we take u, tell us ur career, what if captain does not follow SOP,
ETC...they are very nice people.

Day 3: Simulator,A320, 20mins to 30 mins, expect different scenario as i guess they change for the purpose of evaluating the command capability, but i had strange noise at V1,(compressor stall) after hiting birds, on the initial climb out eng overheat, slowly lost power, and had to shut it down, the first officer is first flight, he constantly makes mistakes, so u have to watch him all the time, you are almost single pilot i would say, it is a very busy session, they look at your decision making and your CRM, you can choose your seat left or right, there is no extra points if you fly from the left seat.
I did it from the right seat cause all my hours on airbus are on the right seat. I succeeded and am now waiting for my starting date.
Cheers and Good luck ,

dakker72
23rd Sep 2011, 10:43
Hi
I have my screening in october, wich accomodation do you suggest?

many thanks

benthenomad
26th Sep 2011, 02:00
Hi,

I just had a slot in December...
Any advice for the slot ?

Thks,

TUM029
3rd Oct 2011, 23:16
Hi fellow captains,

I've been invited to the assessment very soon in Air Asia, I will apreciate some information on the written test, what to study, is it FAA or JAA atpl and what to focus in, aerodinamics, performace,...

who performs the interviews and what to expect from it.

I'm not type rated on the Airbus, how is the simulator in this case, does it matters in what side i do the ride? i'm not currently flying in the left side.

how is it living in Malaysia? anybody knows if AA pays for housing and school for the kids?
thanks in advance:ok:

squarecrow
4th Oct 2011, 06:32
The sim check is on A320 Capts side.
Its a LOCO so I think that answers your Question about Housing etc.

buttline
10th Oct 2011, 03:07
Hi all, I'm hoping for a call for selection - be grateful for any further info on selection, bases... are their opportunities for wide body commands down the line with Air Asia X?

Many thanks.

80kts...V1...Rotate
15th Oct 2011, 04:08
Hello

does anybody knows about the rules/requirements for A330 vs A320 type training/rating if apply for a job with AA?

Also, the pay difference between this two?

Better yet; if you know the package for one fleet (A330) and the other (A320) when apply for a job??? are there any bonds time/money involved???

Thanks guys!

airgino2004
25th Oct 2011, 22:58
Does anyone know if having a 320 type without command experience helps to make the bond period shorter? I've read that having the type requires only a three year bond versus the five year. I don't know if the three year bond also requires PIC time in type. Is there any advantage to having the type without the experience? I have over 5,000 hours as SIC in the A-320 series but no PIC time.
I'm trying to decide if I should get type rated before applying.

Thanks.

volare_737
26th Oct 2011, 01:10
The rule is only type rated current Captains get three year bond. All others 5 years. We got guys with thousands of hours on 320 on course -still 5 years.

Shirazmerlot
2nd Nov 2011, 15:33
Hi guys,

What type of license did you apply in AA? I read the requirement in AA website stated DCAM approved license. But I only have UK CAA CPL. Need advice from you guys..thanks in advance.

cmcjma
3rd Nov 2011, 05:26
It depends what position you apply for...

FO's: hiring only locals, whatever for AA Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia or Philippines. CPL is a min.

DEC: locals or Foreign with ATPL but ONLY possible with AA Malaysia. A Malaysian law imposes hiring ONLY Captain level in Malayia.

With a UK CAA CPL, you can only apply for FO AND you must be a local from one of the countries listed above if you want to join AA.

Hope I am clear.

Shirazmerlot
3rd Nov 2011, 06:41
I'm from Malaysia, because lack of research so end up having CAA license. Now having hard time to find job in home land. DCA Malaysia is the hardest obstacle. Do you think AA will take foreign license?

cmcjma
3rd Nov 2011, 09:10
Shirazmerlot,
Sorry to be maybe too direct, but you are Malaysian, I am not. You are the best person to get this information easily.

machmikey
6th Nov 2011, 09:42
I just got the interview invite for DEC A320 Feb 2012 myself too. Any gouge is greatly appreciated from any of those PM's or better yet to post on this forum. Sim, tech etc;
Many thanks in advance!

320wonder
6th Nov 2011, 09:55
shiraz ,

u have to convert to Malaysian License first

menle
11th Nov 2011, 16:46
Hi apache any detail on the written quiz ?

downwindabeam
12th Nov 2011, 23:43
For DEC Capt position non type rated could someone shed some light on how much total time was competitive?

I have about 5500TT (shy of the 6K min) and was wondering if they would consider....

machmikey
14th Nov 2011, 09:33
I got the interview with 6200 TT, but I hear people are having problems with "system" rejecting for even the smallest issues. I'm guessing it's all automated, so maybe the 6000 TT is an automated parameter set there.

Perhaps you may be able to scare up enough time through sim or safety pilot or something and hopefully it can get you in the door as far as the "system" goes.

anchorriver
26th Nov 2011, 13:32
Hello guys,

I am invited to the DEC interview in Jan, next year. I found one applicant saying he had RHS during the SIM check while the other saying DEC applicant needs to be in LHS for the SIM check. Since I have no command time in Airbus, I am planning to fly from the righthand seat during the interview. I would be very grateful if someone who's been thru the interview can clarify my anxiety...

Safe flight,

P.S. How tough was the written exam, BTW?

AR

Bowzersocks
28th Nov 2011, 07:17
Thanks for the PMs and willingness to share information. With a family in tow, your intel is greatly appreciated. Best to all going through the process and searching for QOL in this business.

App. Submitted 2 weeks ago, 10k, no bus, glass cmd exp.

Rocketmann
4th Dec 2011, 07:56
Dear Crew
Thank you for your application and interest to join us at Air Asia.
CONGRATULATIONS
As a first step of the induction process, You are required to attend our Simulator Assessment. It will be held at Air Asia Academy in Kuala Lumpur.
What do you need to do when coming to KUL :-
Step 1
Go online and register your application at:
AirAsia - Careers (http://www.airasia.com/my/en/corporate/careers_apply.page)
Step 2
DOWNLOAD & FILL UP these FORMS – they should have been emailed to you, otherwise make a request and it will be sent to you
1- Fill Up the Pilot Job Application Form 2- Fill Up the DCA form 20A
- Present this form to CAAP to authenticate your Licence. - CAAP must include their Fax Number, Email Address & Person in charge (for
contact by Malaysian authority or DCA to the activate verification process). 3- Fill Up the Foreign Security Clearance form (Please Type Only)
Step 3
Prepare all this required documents (Please DO NOT email any documents to us at this moment. They must be handed in personally during the SIM session)
 Passport Copy (in Scanned Colour Copy)  Flight Licence (Every Page on your Licence)  Flying Logbook (Last 5 pages) – Must be Company Certified/Verified Hours  Latest Medical Certificate (Valid & Not Expired)  Aviation ENGLISH Test Certificate (Min Level 4)  Copy of last 2 Proficiency Check Reports  3 Passport Size Photograph, with WHITE Background ONLY
Step 4
BOOK your HOTEL / ACCOMMODATION in KUL Please be advised that Air Asia WILL NOT pay the cost of your accommodation during this interview. You may book your stay at the following hotels:-
The nearest hotel to get to our Air Asia Academy is a) Tune Hotel : KLIA-LCCT Airport | Welcome to Tune Hotels, Best Value Hotels. Great Value Great Savings (http://www.tunehotels.com/our-hotels/klia-lcct-airport) b) Allson Klana Hotel: Allson Hotel Putra Nilai (http://putranilai.allsonhotels.com) c) Empress Hotel: Empress Hotel Sepang International Airport Selangor Malaysia (http://www.empresshotelsepang.com)
*(NOTE: YOU are advised to book a MINIMUM stay of 1 Night for the simulator assessment session, unless you plan to return via the Cebu Pacific Flight after the session, at your own cost)
Step 5
Receive your E-FLIGHT TICKET Air Asia will arrange a return Trip Flight ticket for you for the Simulator assessment. Flights will be Via Air Asia flights departing & arriving at CLARK.
Your typical Itinerary can be based on 2 days travel Day 1 - Depart Clark to KUL (Morning Flight) – AK
Attend SIM in the Evening (btw 5.00pm to Midnight) Day 2 - Return to Clark (Morning Flight) - AK
Step 6
Make sure you have all the documents from step1 & step 2 above.
Step 7
Board the Flight.
Step 8
Arrive at LCCT and Proceed to the ACADEMY Please purchase a Taxi Coupon at the arrival Hall and proceed to Taxi Queue, outside LCCT
Step 9
RELAX at the ACADEMY Lounge / Cafeteria There is a Crew Coffee Lounge at the Mezzanine Floor of the Academy. You may have hot beverages at the Lounge and relax while waiting for your session. There is also a Cafeteria at the Academy (only during office hours) for your convenience.
Step 10
Attend Interview cum SIM Session Simulator Session are between 5.00pm to 9.00pm, and typically lasts between 45 min to 1 hour. It Involve routine flying, handling and decision making. You will be assessed for the position you are applying. After the session, the Instructors will help you to prepare the necessary documentation for the next process and will answer any of your questions
Contact Point in KUL
Your contact point upon arrival in Kuala Lumpur will be either Capt. Chris (+6019-2201 322), Capt. Feavin (+6012-927 1770) or Ms Suriani (+603-8660 4205).
However, you are advised to make your own way to and from the hotel or to the Academy by a Taxi which can be obtained very easily.
Air Asia environment - Air Asia is a very people friendly company, so just be yourself and enjoy the experience.
Contact Point in MANILA – PAA Office
Cecille Flores-Sanchez People Department AIR ASIA Philippines Diosdado Macapagal International Airport Clark Civil Aviation Complex, Clark Freeport Zone Philippines 2023My Office My Fax My Line My E-mail
: (+6345) 5997051 : (+6345) 5997050 : (63917) 8996050 : [email protected]

giorgio1970
14th Dec 2011, 13:09
hi DO-27,
i'm trying to apply to airasia using their website but i can not upload the mandatory docs they need.
i think that are the same problems you had for your application, have you solved these problems or not?
in case you have done could you give me some instructions?
thank you in advance.

StudentInDebt
15th Dec 2011, 07:43
I managed to submit the form, just wondering if you get a confirmation email afterwards or is it a case of don't call us, we'll call you? Be grateful for any hints or tips through PM in case it has gone through ok :ok:

cmcjma
15th Dec 2011, 07:54
it took 24 hours to get a proposition date for interview after the online submission.
But the date offered is 5 months later...
as usual in this industry, always be patient.

StudentInDebt
15th Dec 2011, 08:17
Ah, in that case how long does a PFO email take usually :O

Bowzersocks
16th Dec 2011, 09:23
I completed my application a little over 3 weeks ago. After the upload, I did not receive a message confirming successful upload nor an e-mail.
Three weeks later after no reply, i submitted my application again. At the completion of the application the was a response in red text confirming receipt. To date no e-mail confirmation, though just a couple of days have passed.

Best Regards,

memoryitems
17th Dec 2011, 14:11
Hi guys,
I need info about the interview. For me april.
Can you please send me some PM.
Thanks

machmikey
21st Dec 2011, 19:53
I uploaded my documents and received an email reply 1 week later if that helps. The email gave me a Feb interview date and said I would be contacted approximately 1 month prior to my arrival with further details to follow.

For anyone who has passed the interview process already: Does anyone have an idea of how long before a class date is offered after the interview? My guess is since the interviews are so far spread out, they are making a hiring pool? Thanks for any info.

I'll post again next month my experiences from my interview.....

volare_737
22nd Dec 2011, 02:43
Has anybody heard anything about a commuting roster ? There was talk about it !!!! I am asking as that would be attractive for me .

Bowzersocks
10th Jan 2012, 04:57
Could anyone confirm if there should be pop-ups or ability to add additional columns when completing the online application.
I am only able to access one Jet EFIS column, thus not being able to include my other Jet EFIS time. I had placed the additional JET EFIS under other, though I am concerned this does not register in the database as Jet EFIS.

Any tips or ideas are greatly appreciated.

cmcjma
11th Jan 2012, 04:21
Bowzersocks,
As far as I remember no pop up, and no extra space for adding information.
Some browser do not perform very well with certain websites. I do not mean it is the reason in your case, but I have found only IE (I do not use on daily basis) can perform properly with certain website. I think I used initially Chrome, but I got problems then I moved to IE.
Otherwise, do it from another computer, with a different configuration.
Good luck

FlyByWire1
11th Jan 2012, 08:27
Hello guys,

Just curious on the hiring scene at the moment for Ak and what is the failure rate at this time? Or any useful information for a successfull assesment process.
Thanks for the info

Bowzersocks
11th Jan 2012, 14:40
Cm..Thanks for the information. I submitted again, combined two aircraft types on one line to reflect EFIS above 2500. I think my mistake was to put NG time on the Jet EFIS line (1300 ) and my additional jet EFIS (2500) under other.

F8-Gunfighter
27th Jan 2012, 08:23
Salaries are well below industry average but good for local or regional pilots. The arguments you will hear are about cost of living. Locals and Asians are willing to live in places where most Westerners will not consider – hence the disparity. Locals can live on $500-$800 monthly housing. Europeans and Americans will live in “modest” neighborhoods and home rentals will cost you about $1500-$2000 a month plus utilities. The term “modest” is by Western standards and would be considered “upper class” by KL local standards – i.e. Setia Eco Park.

AA provides no benefits as other foreign carriers. No school allowance, no housing allowance, no transportation allowance, no parking, uniform or anything. Many say Air Asia is a low cost airline but there are many low cost airlines in India, Asia and the Middle East that do have all those things – so consider the situation. There is low cost and low class!

You can see from their attitude toward interviews the company is cheap: either brought on by arrogance or lack of thoughtfulness. During the interview the company will not pay for the hotel, even though they own it themselves. Wasting your time is possible and of no concern to the HR Department. Overall the company is as cheap as it gets from planning to operational. And in many cases the left hand does not know what the right hand doing. And now they have started defaulting on loans around the region.

This company makes their pilots pay for their own parking when at work (and it is not cheap). The major highways are toll roads and also not cheap. Expect to spend about $400-$600 US per month on tolls and airport parking. The AA Terminal is not located on the train line and difficult to get to, so public transportation is out of the question (unless you want to leave home 2 hours before check-in). Remember, this management does not think there is anything wrong with their Airline Captain standing on a metro and trudging between terminals on a cramped, stinky bus.

Others will say KL is cheap, but not really. Sure when compared to Singapore, yes it is, but when compared to other places it is about average. Homes are not cheap if you want to live in a descent community as already explained. School is extremely expensive if you can get your kids into one. Forget a car. If you have one you cannot bring it into the country (well without paying extremely high rates possibly greater than the cost of the vehicle).

KL is not that safe. Yes it is safer than Harlem in New York but worse than Munich in Germany. Crime does exist from minor (theft, scams and breaking and entering) to violent (murder, rape and ferocious assault). Tensions are always under the radar between Chinese, Malay and other ethnic minorities as well as Christians, Muslims and Buddhists.

But the best indicator is the pilots that are hired and the qualifications the company requires. A few years ago only A-320 Type Rated Captains with a couple thousand hours in type were considered for DEC. A little over a year ago it was lowered for Captains to having a Type Rating in the A-320 with a couple hundred hours in type. Now they are hiring non rated Captains with any time – and it will continue to lower.

This fact says everything about the company. It is willing to lower to the lowest common denominator rather than evaluate the question why they can no longer entice the qualified people. Please do not misunderstand my statement. A B-737 pilot is a good pilot but not for as an A-320 DEC (and vice-a-versa). A DHC-8 is also a good pilot but even less qualified to walk right into the left seat of an A-320.

Airbus A-320 pilots (especially TRIs and TREs) are in high demand around the world. Unless a pilot is from Malaysia there is no reason for the pilot to join Air Asia as a B-scale pilot. The pay and bonus packages in Asia, India, the Middle East and even Africa are far better for experienced pilots and while KL is a nice city, there is little difference for the expat than many other cities around the flying world.

But if you have no time and no other options – well it is a place to take a chance. But don't expect things to get better once you are there because the Tiger has already shown his strips and don't complain about getting bitten over and over once you are in the jungle.

vasi9
8th Feb 2012, 12:40
Hi
Just read your thread, I find myself in the same situation as you were re a last minute interview. Any chance you could PM me the details of the tech exam and the interview?
Appreciated in advance.

propdog
9th Feb 2012, 22:32
Does Air Asia hire DECs directly into widebodies as well or does everyone start out in the 320? I am interested in the widebody left seat but not on the narrowbody. Is this an option?

MagicCarpet
10th Feb 2012, 06:19
Yes. I know of at least one guy hired as a widebody DEC at AirAsia-X. Former Emirates A330 captain, current on type.

propdog
10th Feb 2012, 14:00
Thank you MC.

Bowzersocks
11th Feb 2012, 09:54
First week of Sept. Interview. Anyone else attending same?

Cheers

propdog
11th Feb 2012, 18:16
I did a search on this forum for typical Air Asia rosters... but couldn't find the answer. What does the A320 schedules look like? Do you get back to your base every night or do they usually overnight?

bahabel
12th Feb 2012, 13:46
Already I applied for none type rated captain position for A320 or A330.
Any body knows, Is there any DEC for A330?
Regard.

Renard76
12th Feb 2012, 13:52
Hi everyone,

Got a interview date next july, for A320 none-TR DEC,
Looking for any info regarding interview & beyond...

Thanks in advance, you can PM me if preferred.

propdog
12th Feb 2012, 17:33
I would appreciate it if anybody can give me an insight into typical schdules/rosters. Thank you.

skywalker51
13th Feb 2012, 01:53
Hi, all!
I bet a lot of DEC applicants are waiting in a queue at the moment.
When would you get an interview proposal reply after you submit online application, thesedays?
And then, how long again should you wait for the interview?
Anybody has any idea, let all know or PM me please.
Thanks in advance.

volare_737
10th Mar 2012, 12:01
Its gone very quiet here. Are they still taking on guys ????

squarecrow
11th Mar 2012, 04:07
They better had given the amount leaving or thinking about it.
Alot of new and better opportunities appearing apparently.

Spirit1
15th Mar 2012, 19:43
Hi there

Can anyone PM me the latest DEC interview, please?

All the Best:cool:

simonysm
16th Mar 2012, 01:35
Hi guys,
I've got an interview date in April. Any kind souls wan to share wats it's all about? Wat to expect?
Also what's e current general mood there? A lot of ppl leaving or unhappy?
Thanks a million!

going 'round
27th Mar 2012, 12:07
Hi guys, I have an interview for DEC in late May. I've read the posts on this forum, but would still like more info on the selection process - tech exam/sim ride. Can anyone PM me some details.

Much appreciated.

bahabel
28th Mar 2012, 07:09
If you got some information concerning AA DEC interview and Exam assessment, Can you let me know by Pm?
Thank you and appreciate.
Regards,

bahabel
29th Mar 2012, 04:55
Dear Overmars, do you have any new Information Concerning AA DEC interview already i invited for June interview,
Appreciate.

palo36
23rd Apr 2012, 14:49
hey any charismatic soul wishing to share some info about the interview , I see this became silent , have all passed or failed ?
any survivor please do share or even if not survived help others do so.

USnet
5th May 2012, 03:32
A couple of hints to those heading to AA interview.
In the past months a percentage of 2 to 4% of those interviewed passed.
Anyway these guys were given a "holding pool" status from where I don't know how and when they will ever get in the company, especially given the stake of Malaysian they bought.
While the initial 2 days are quite normal stuff, the last SIM day is some kind of "end of the world proof" where you are supposed to show if you can handle incredible sequence of malfunctions. At first I thought about it as a "end of upgrade command course" check but now I can tell you it's more than that.
The main thing to keep in mind is that events will not be realistic. For example low visibility procedure in calm winds can suddenly turn in windshear with strong tail winds.
So expect:
- vectors before takeoff towards the mountaineous areas (and well below MSA),
- TCAS and EGPWS during climb,
- some failure that will make you loose one engine (vibrations, FADEC FAULT, XXXX on engine indications, REVERSE UNLOCKED, etc...) plus stalls on the other engine above 60/70% N1 and Fuel Leak.
Plus bad weather and only one airport open with the worst non precision approach procedure you can expect, NAV accuracy downgraded during the approach. Possibly again windshear on final.
In all this noone has yet understood what they are looking for since the "impossible" scenarios you're dipped in don't help to clearly understand what they're looking for.
For example: on departure are you supposed to accept vectors in a montaineous area and then ask for deviation once airborne or simply do not takeoff ? (they will tell you 2 hours delay....).
On approach with just one "very sick" engine (stalling above 50/60% N1) are you supposed to land at all costs (as it would happen in real life accepting speed and vertical speed exceedance or variations) or they want to see you trying to go-around ???
Noone knows.
Another issue regards the persone seated next to you in the SIM, which supposingly is at his first day as an F/O. Very often he will make a mess. Maybe just to to see if you come out of some more sh...t: I don't know if you're supposed to handle him with some good CRM ? or just cancel him from the cockpit and proceed on your own since he is obviously impaired and cannot help in any decision making.

Also: Many guys in the area say it depends on "who" you know in the company.

So guys, my advice is: Noone understand you more than I do since a step from RHS to LHS is a fantastic view BUT in my opinion don't waste your time and money in these "out of the world" interview. Head to some other more serious companies.

Have fun and happy landings.

bizjetbus
6th May 2012, 13:21
Sounds crazy.... Why do they invite a bunch of people for interview just to chop them "all" when they need pilots for their expanding fleet?? :confused:

Anyone else that can confirm the last post from USnet?

squarecrow
7th May 2012, 09:58
As far as I saw they seem very arrogant and seem to think they are the best. I heard a while ago alot leaving too, An earlier post by F8-Gunfighter says alot,

jetjockey696
7th May 2012, 13:48
welcome to Air Asia folks... They are arrogant pilots (Capts and FO). Especially the ex-airforce guys..

They hate foreigners...basically. They believe they are the best. USNET had it good.. they not looking for anything. Here is a foreigner let give it to him... HARD no LUBE... any other airlines ex..emirates, CX never do what he went through.. they might be nice to you face to face.. watch your back.. :E

I went through nearly 3 yrs with these guys.. totally AS*

Trust me if you hold a FAA license.. you get no respect.. these guys believe that FAA license is a joke.. You get slightly more respect if you hold a JAA license.. then you are slight below them.. FAA you are a joke.. I know because I was told in my face that a FAA license is joke and how much did I pay for it off the street.. from the chief pilot a few years ago... he still there. the other management pilot stop talking to me once he realised that I was a FAA holder, by the way I didnt say anything to upset him EXCEPT I hold a FAA...

Trust me these guys are no TOPGUN... more like cowboys. so many incidents under wraps..

Like what people say here, unless you are sooo desperate not bother.. save your money. Join a real airline...

going 'round
9th May 2012, 09:44
I found other employment, so I'm not going to the selection, but it seems like I had a lucky escape. Sounds like a load of crap.

Blackdollie
9th May 2012, 10:00
You went thru 3 years with these people........You working with them ,bro?

kwaiyai
10th May 2012, 04:46
I wonder how it will be settling the bond issue when u leave them.

Hearing lots of rumours about they dont honour the 3 year prorating or they ring up your prospective new employer if they find out and feed them bad vibes etc etc.
Me personally never recieved back my bond anyhow which they supposed to do stamped up and also heard they lost a number of peoples bond too so Hope mine will be lost too. headache no doubt,,,

4holer
26th May 2012, 13:56
I just got a short notice NTR DEC interview slot for June 11th. Would anybody be willing to PM me the details? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Interview, test, sim etc. Thanks:)

Fantozzii
26th May 2012, 19:16
4holer,

Would you be so kind and post your feedback here after your screening with AA or PM me.
I am going there myself for the same pos. NTR DEC 25th of June.

Thank you in advance.

squarecrow
28th May 2012, 01:18
You find that whats been posted here about the Interview is about right,

Fantozzii
29th May 2012, 12:58
squarecrow,

I have been reading all the posts on this thread but I did not see any feedback from a NON RATED on A320 pilot after the sim ride. I think the scenario for the sim session could be different from the one who is rated to the one who is not.

Regars from Italy

aegeanmagic
31st May 2012, 02:47
Hi guys , Since FEB 2012 waiting to call me for assessment... is this normal....

babisiliop
4th Jun 2012, 12:44
I applied a week ago for DEC and I got back a replay telling me, that they are full for interviews till Dec.
They told me,they will keep my application and they will give me a date for mid 2013 if they continue hiring DEC.
Is it a normal prosedure?

palo36
5th Jun 2012, 14:36
Hi all , 4 out of 4 failed , not much of chance and as told they have 10 peolpel waiting in the training pool , not many chances to be selected this time I believe unless you do really well which is very difficult as all is unpredictable in this screening , simulator is very loaded , for the guy non rated asking they might give you unexpected things , still you have the scenario of birds on take off and maybe ac not accelerating after V 1 and then FO slow and useless , navigation , bad vectors , and the decision making which is the hard part you do not know what they want the guy who can make anyhow or the guy who holds and is very technical , they put you in a corner difficult to go out and you have to use all your resources but the scenario is very complicated , out of all the bad choices to choose the less bad one.
Now the technical includes FAA regulations , go through FAA study guide for ATPL and wish you guys good luck , at least better than ours.

palo36
5th Jun 2012, 14:43
Hey i read your article and now i have same feeling we all 4 failed and it was pretty much the same even when you know what others have gone through you still sit there and go on the movie but things you have planned do not come the same way and ends up being such a stressful scenario , a terror box simulator i called it.
I was recurrent so i knew more pr less what to expect but it is really clueless what they are looking for.
Not even locals passed this time.

Regards

320busdriver
6th Jun 2012, 11:18
WELL YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WARNED:ugh: on many occasions, human beings are like that you don`t believe until you experience it, not everything written on pprune are sourgrapes, there are people that genuinely like to help but hey what the heck if you want to waste your money and time go for it, nothings gonna change as long as the same guys as before are doing recruitment - they think they are god`s gift to aviation all i can say is GOOD LUCK:ok: - you will need it

squarecrow
7th Jun 2012, 03:50
Totally Agreed, I am not answering anymore PM's either its all here. Sounds worse than when I went plus does everyone still do that fake smiling all the time. Reminds me of d Stepford Wives.

palo36
10th Jun 2012, 12:04
Just take it as a kind of holiday , stressful one though , hope you got a big portion of your trip paid off if not well a matter of luck 100% .

AileronsNeutral
8th Jul 2012, 06:39
Just had an email to say that Air Asia has closed DEC recruitment, presumably effective immediately.

Apache702
21st Jul 2012, 01:17
Air Asia is receiving 3 or 4 new 320 before the end of the year,
and there is a strong rumor they might get 50+50 options on the new CS serie from bombardier for a 150pax tight economic configuration, thats on top of the 200+ 320 neo order, but thats for 2015, that was from the canadian newspaper, Air Asia is doing some maths now to evaluate the advantages of this aircraft, first the price to buy is much cheaper than Airbus and second its very fuel effficient..we ll see

machmikey
31st Jul 2012, 01:49
My interview is scheduled for September, and I never received an email that it is canceled, but the website pop-up now reads:

Captain
PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THERE ARE NO VACANCY FOR THIS POSITION UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. HOWEVER, WE ARE LEAVING THIS LINK OPEN FOR DATABASE COLLECTION AND FUTURE USE

kwaiyai
31st Jul 2012, 10:30
And you probably never will MachMikey. does that not tell you something.

eaglesnest1972
4th Aug 2012, 20:08
Hello folks!
I was guessing if expat FOs were still not allowed to apply for AA.
I dont understand where they will find all the FOs for the new buses arriving.
Thanks!

kwaiyai
5th Aug 2012, 13:23
still plenty of new grads from the Comm flying schools needing a job once
ready.

squarecrow
9th Aug 2012, 13:55
I hear AAX is now leasing 10 330's rather than buy them.

syukri
9th Aug 2012, 15:46
6 to be exact..

flyingsebi
11th Aug 2012, 04:29
Yup, it seems they would prefer hire new graduates with zero experiences on anything rather than give a chance to experience foreign expats....

Make's you wish you were born Malaysian...

Keylime
12th Aug 2012, 15:03
WELL YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WARNED on many occasions, human beings are like that you don`t believe until you experience it, not everything written on PPRuNe are sourgrapes, there are people that genuinely like to help but hey what the heck if you want to waste your money and time go for it, nothings gonna change as long as the same guys as before are doing recruitment - they think they are god`s gift to aviation all i can say is GOOD LUCK - you will need it

Have you ever seen those signs that say 'WET PAINT'? You just can't resist touching it.

kwaiyai
13th Aug 2012, 02:16
Fact is they dont know how to behave professionally mainly through zero Management experience. No decent Management Pilot will come here its all for politic Players with no where else to go. They dont like it when you leave either yet dont have balls to ask you in person just try to go behind your back all the time and ask around. One of my colleugues they tried to shaft and they lost because they started a pack of lies about him and guess what I knew info about the FO from his former flying school. Jeeze I could rant all day but got better things to do.
Final word is One clown says to me if you leave we will find out were you are we know everyone, Well Capt F. come and get some I will be waiting!:}

Chrome
13th Aug 2012, 02:40
My interview is scheduled for September, and I never received an email that it is canceled, but the website pop-up now reads:

Captain
PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT THERE ARE NO VACANCY FOR THIS POSITION UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. HOWEVER, WE ARE LEAVING THIS LINK OPEN FOR DATABASE COLLECTION AND FUTURE USE

So did they cancel it?

machmikey
13th Aug 2012, 07:43
Nope. Interview is still on so far. Just set up the transpo.:ok: