PDA

View Full Version : REMOVE *no applied Instrument*

pinguair
14th Aug 2011, 17:48
Hello,

I plan to do the course. My question is:

Is there a theoretical test with presentation?

Or is it just a flight with Examiner and he is asking questions depending on the flight and basic Ir stuff?

Cheers Mike

ifitaintboeing
14th Aug 2011, 18:00
Mike,

The content of the test in the UK, and some sample questions are contained in Standards Document 10 (A) and supplement v1.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Stds%20Doc%2010%20v5%2009%20+%20Supplement%20v1.pdf

and guidance at the end of FCL685

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1169.pdf

Removal of “No Applied IF” restriction (see Note iii)

Primary air exercise: lesson from IMC or IR syllabus.
Secondary air exercises: items of applied instrument flying to include limited panel IF and IF approaches if not covered by the primary air exercise.
Ground: Theoretical Knowledge questions on basic and applied IF and instruction.

ifitaint

pinguair
14th Aug 2011, 18:14
Greate, thanx.

But is there a presentation neded?

I did this for the FI(A), but dont know if it nessesary for Ir.

blagger
14th Aug 2011, 18:40
I certainly did a presentation, sample IMC ground briefing.

ifitaintboeing
14th Aug 2011, 18:50
Standards Document 10 A,

See Section 11

The answer to your question is in para 11.5

Oral questions and long briefing

pinguair
14th Aug 2011, 18:56
Ok, i mean a presentation like... explane airspaces in 30 minutes or so.

ifitaintboeing
14th Aug 2011, 18:58
That's what we call a long briefing.....

Section 8. The Lecture or Long briefing

It's all in Standards Doc 10A as guidance for students, instructors, and examiners.

Whopity
14th Aug 2011, 19:27
And the long briefing will be on a subject relevant to the IRI rating.

pinguair
14th Aug 2011, 19:51
Ok, thanks....

JUST-local
14th Aug 2011, 20:26
My test was a long briefing on instruments done in front of a small group and FIE, then short brief on Ltd panel which I then flew and did the patter.
When completed I was asked fly to the NDB take up the hold with all the patter, then the FIE flew a perfect procedural ILS (badly) with a bad weather circuit to land so I had something to de-brief about.

Probably the best course I have done so far!

Do your homework, practise some long briefings and enjoy :)

neilr
15th Aug 2011, 14:01
just local

where did you do your IRI .... just interested - looking for some suggestions .... no restrictions on locations

thanks Neil

JUST-local
15th Aug 2011, 19:36
They don't do fi stuff anymore, the guy who did mine is still around I will pm his number to you.

pinguair
16th Aug 2011, 05:17
I do the course in Schönhagen, Germany.

To check, that I can do the course with the school and with the examiner of the school, I wrote an email to the caa (8 days ago) . Now I wait for an answer.

I just want to confirm, that I have something in my handy if the caa is complaining. I did the same last year if I did the FI(A) in germany.

pinguair
6th Sep 2011, 12:22
Hello,

Just a question to confirm, I need 200 Instrument hours to start the course.

It is not required to have 200 Instrument PIC hours right?

Because, in the form SRG1131 I have to fill out IR PIC hours.

Michael

Whopity
6th Sep 2011, 12:46
You are correct, the JAA requirement is for 200 hours IFR not PIC IFR. If you are doing the course in Germany, the JAA prerequisites apply and should be clearly stated in the FTO Training Manual. The UK realised that there were issues with this requirement as no pilots logged time in accordance with IFR and a revised set of parameters has applied for the last 11 years. EASA will change that.LASORS H1.4
Removal of No Applied Instrument
Restriction
a. Hold either a valid single pilot, Instrument Rating
(IR(A)) or Instrument Meteorological Conditions
(IMC) Rating.
b. Hold a valid FI(A) with Supervisory Restriction
removed.
c. Have flown at least 200 hours flight time in
accordance with Instrument Flight Rules (IFR), of
which up to 50 hours may be instrument ground time
in an approved flight simulator or FNPT II. Where
pilots have recorded flight by sole reference to
instruments and not under IFR then 1 hour of flight
by sole reference to instruments may be counted
as 4 hours flight by IFR. Where pilots wish solely
to instruct for the IMC Rating a reduced experience
level of 10 hours flight time by sole reference to
instruments is applicable and;

pinguair
6th Sep 2011, 13:05
ok, but why do they require IR PIC hours in this form? Do you know that?

What will chance with EASA?

Thanks for your answers!

MIchael

BillieBob
6th Sep 2011, 13:43
Since the 'no applied IF' restriction on the FI rating is a peculiarly UK thing, it does not fit with either JAR-FCL or Part-FCL, both of which refer to instruction for the IR. The fact that the Instructor Form 1 (SRG/1131), which was originally designed pre-JAA to service UK national qualifications, does not suit the different requirements of JAR-FCL or Part-FCL is hardly surprising. If you have to use the SRG 1131, simply enter your total flight time under IFR, nobody is going to care, particularly as the table of experience does not include a row for the removal of the restriction.

Since the 4:1 ratio for the calculation of 'flight under IFR' from 'flight by sole reference to instruments' is also a peculiarly UK invention, it will disappear when Part-FCL comes into force and an FI wishing to give instruction towards the IR will have to show evidence of 200 hours flight time under IFR (none of which needs to be in IMC). However, bearing in mind that Part-FCL also requires an IR to be held in order to fly under IFR, even in VMC, it will be a great deal more difficult for the average FI to achieve the requirement.

Another goody is that you will need to be qualified to give instruction for the IR in order to teach the 10 hour Basic Instrument Flight Module, but not if the same 10 hours is taught as part of the CPL course. Which just goes to show that we don't need the UK CAA's expertise in cocking things up now that we have EASA to do the job instead.

Whopity
6th Sep 2011, 16:00
the Instructor Form 1 (SRG/1131), which was originally designed pre-JAA to service UK national qualificationsIt was actually Post JAR. There was originally only one form, either the FCL674 or 675 that was modified to produce 3 Instr Forms, God knows why! The form designers had forgotten that the Microlight guys also used the same form so it continued in parallel for a a number of years until it was eventually modified to the current SRG1132