PDA

View Full Version : virgin

boxmover
17th Nov 2000, 14:35
Who do you send CV's to at Virgin and at what address?

Thanks for the Info.

Boxmover

Dan Winterland
18th Nov 2000, 20:04
Nicole Svatek
The Office
Vigin Atlantic Airways
Manor Royal
West Sussex
RH10 2NU

The minumum they are looking for is about 2500 hours of 'quality' flying, which doesn't include rotary time.

Arkroyal
18th Nov 2000, 21:19
Dan

I know quite a few rotary mates in Virgin, so unless things have changed, you may be wrong.

I might suggest that thumb in bum S.E. Landplane might be of lower quality than (particularly) big military helicopters?

piston broke
18th Nov 2000, 22:25
Virgin Virgin Virgin Virgin flipping who????

Virgin Trains?

Virgin Rent a Car?

Virgin insurance?

Virgin Records?

Virgin Express or Virgin Sun if youre really going for broke!

Big group, lots of companies, all called Virgin something, not just Virgin, savvy?

Virgin' on the ridiculous if they discount helicopter hours, I assume they do count "quality" fast jet time though?

There's only one reason for Virgins as far as I can tell. :)

[This message has been edited by piston broke (edited 18 November 2000).]

WTHIDN
19th Nov 2000, 16:00
Boxmover,

Do yourself a favour and send your CV to Airtours, JMC, Monarch, EasyJet, Go, BA or anyone else who pays more basic, allowances and pension.

Brgds

------------------
What The Hell's It Doing Now?

Dan Winterland
20th Nov 2000, 03:17
The big problem with Ultra Long Haul ops is that with 4 pilots per flight and six sectors pre month, landings are few and far between, perhaps only 12-15 a year. They require a good experience base before accepting someone. This means no rotary.

This is current policy according to their spokesperson at the recent BALPA conference.

boxmover
20th Nov 2000, 19:25
Dan W

Thanks for the Info

Regards

Boxmover

Benny
21st Nov 2000, 00:51
Dan

I'm at Virgin and I'm ex-rotary...and I know of quite a few others, military & civi. Maybe we're the exception, not the rule ??

stormcloud
21st Nov 2000, 23:01
Me too!
6500 hours, 4000+ rotary.

boxmover:
Pension is not great but will improve.
Money is not everything, lifestyle and going to work happy is also important.

Dan Winterland
22nd Nov 2000, 02:46
I know a couple of rotary mates at Virgin, but I was just repeating Nicole from the recent BALPA conference. Perhaps the policy has changed.

scroggs
22nd Nov 2000, 17:02
Boxmover, I don't know why WTHIDN's got such a downer on VS. Perhaps he just got out of bed the wrong side! Whatever, Virgin Atlantic is a great place to work. For sure there are a few issues to be resolved re pay and allowances, but it'll get sorted and, anyway, money's not everything. Best of luck with your application!

Justin Cyder-Belvoir
22nd Nov 2000, 20:46
I'd give scroggs left bollock for a job with VS....sorry Tim, but you would'nt miss one to help a mate out would you :)

WTHIDN
29th Nov 2000, 05:31
Scroggs,

Optomistic then?

------------------
What The Hell's It Doing Now?

rich
30th Nov 2000, 13:56
After hounding VS for a while had an interview. Not quite sure how I got it in the end. However I'm now faced with going on their 742 sim. Anybody with any tips, especially for a guy whos been on glass for a long time much appreciated.

rich

scroggs
1st Dec 2000, 03:17
Justin and Rich - e-mail me!
WTHIDN - yes, I am optimistic. Like many guys in many airlines, I guess. This is the particular pond that I've chosen and, after a couple of years, I'm reasonably happy. Certainly, in conversation with mates at BA, BM, Monarch, JMC, Cathay, Emirates, Gulf and a few others, things at VS are as good as any and better than most. Trouble is we get too much opportunity to cry into our beer with each other and convince ourselves that life's sh*t. That's how Adam & Eve got themselves out of paradise!