PDA

View Full Version : FAA BFR in UK

df1
14th Aug 2011, 08:17
Hi,

I appreciate this may have been done to death but the most recent thread I could find was 2004 so I expect things may have changed.

You can probably guess I am looking to do my FAA BFR. Have have not flown for a while, so I am most definitley out of practice! I also have an FAA IR so if I'm not biting off more than I can chew I might also consider renewing that at the same time (although I am open to suggestions if that sounds a little crazy).

I have reserarched and spoken to some very helpful people (BFR instructors) but I wanted to look at doing something in around the South Western part of the UK, if there are any such providers.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Also, would I be able to combine the BFR with a flight to one of the Southwest airfields, Perranporth/St. Marys (hence asking about the Southwest), as a dual excercise in familiarity? Or again is that a crazy idea?

Regards
df1

S-Works
14th Aug 2011, 12:12
I can very highly recommend Jon Cooke who is the LAA Coaching Scheme Chairman. He is an FAA Gold Seal Instructor and JAA Examiner. I learn something every time I fly with him. Thoroughly nice chap.

df1
14th Aug 2011, 13:42
Thanks very much.

Presuming I can contact him through the LAA coaching scheme website?

IO540
14th Aug 2011, 14:18
There are loads of freelance FAA CFI/CFII instructors around the UK.

If you don't get a PM from here, try posting in the Instructors forum because many JAA instructors picked up an FAA CFI/CFII along the way.

df1
15th Aug 2011, 19:56
Good idea IO540!

Thanks for letting me know, although I think I'm sorted.

Cheers

englishal
16th Aug 2011, 12:01
But you can renew the CFI rating(s) online and most do.