PDA

View Full Version : ATC benefits

spoon84
10th Aug 2011, 08:53
Hello,

I would like to ask you if somebody of you knows if ATC have some kind of benifts during their career like flight tickets discount, aeroclub discount, ect... :O
Anyone have an idea how it is in the different countries in Europe?

Thank you.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
10th Aug 2011, 09:46
In the UK controllers were prohibited from asking for, or accepting, discounted air fares. However, after many years of trying they eventually set up a travel club - UKATTS - which operates like many travel clubs and obtains some small discounts from airlines, hotels and car hire companies.

Vercingetorix
10th Aug 2011, 09:55
As does the Guild of ATCOs in the UK. In the UAE various discounts are given by Etihad and Emirates airlines respectively to selective personel..
However, due to the nature of standby travel and airline security procedures it is often better to buy APEX fares.:(

Guy D'ageradar
10th Aug 2011, 18:54
In the UAE various discounts are given by Etihad and Emirates airlines respectively to selective personel

Clearly VERY selective - as those of at at the coalface get as near as damn it naff all (from emirates, at least) - 8% at the last count (if I remember correctly) PLUS a 6% or so service fee if you dare to go to the ticket desk. The airport baggage handlers/cleaners get a better discount than us! :(

rolaaand
10th Aug 2011, 23:34
I've found very good deals on hotels through Touchdown,the travel industry website. As for flights,better off trawling the internet and making calls to get the best deals-especially for flights within Europe. If you are willing to move up to premium/business class flights for long haul though there is the odd decent deal to be had.

veloo maniam
11th Aug 2011, 02:06
In Malaysia, all we need is to open up the AirAsia website
and discounts flow like water.:ok: