PDA

View Full Version : Air Scandic

Knold
28th Nov 2001, 20:13
Heard some rumors that thing are bad. True or not?

starship
28th Nov 2001, 23:43
The flying at Air Scandic is very quiet for the immediate future, however the programme for next summer is in place and looks good and solid.

Manchester and Newcastle will again be the focus of the airline, with the 2 A300's at MAN. In addition, 1 leased 757 at MAN and one at Newcastle, flying full charter programmes for Libra/Kosmar/Priceright.

Birmingham gets a W flight (MAN - FAO - BHX / BHX - FAO - MAN) planned to be ops on the 757, from Summer 2002.

Yes, the crews are not flying much at all, and some are part time for the winter. In the present situation though, Scandic is coping well as it is really reverted to being an ad-hoc / subcharter airline between November and April.

One way this company could come to problems, if ever, is down to its structure.... The loss of one of the limited companies operating together under the Air Scandic trademark for example.

Would be interested to hear any other feedback Knold if you could post it or email please.

cheers,

starship :)

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: starship ]

JJflyer
29th Nov 2001, 07:52
Are the Hajj flights from Beirut for MEA still on for January???

calmdown
29th Nov 2001, 10:27
i've heard from a good source that scandic r not flying the haj this year.

Knold
29th Nov 2001, 13:33
Sorry Starship, just one of these things that fly around the pub...

Cheers

starship
29th Nov 2001, 16:54
Calmdown, at the minute, I think this is correct. No Hadj in January for SCY. I am very unsure at whether the crew would even go there anyway, as I know that some were very reluctant to, if the MEA contract came off. There was talk some months ago of a possible grounding of the A300's for the winter due to the lack of flying. In addition, there are issues at the minute however I can not publicly discuss this, out of respect for the staff and management there.

As previously posted, the programme for next summer is in place, and is fairly substantial....so good on Mr SCY for securing that.

Knold, don't be sorry, that is what this forum is about - questions and discussion.

The Hadj may be operated by TRANSJET, ran by T.J. (ex AirOps, Nordic) if the lease of 2 aircraft goes ahead.....just something I heard in the pub too? Any comments on this, or other news on Scandic greatly recieved on this thread.

Best wishes to all at Scandic,

cheers,

starship :)

Knold
29th Nov 2001, 17:41
Oh my my my, the pub. This godforsaken place we so often visit and sometimes even call our home. Were rumours and truths are made and none believers are converted. But where would we be without it I ask you? At home you say? In deep despair I say!

Up the rebels!

//Very vise man, exempt from his youth :D :D

Cheers

[ 29 November 2001: Message edited by: Knold ]

Joaquín
29th Nov 2001, 17:57
Knold,

Apparently (looking at your signature) you are from more subtropical latitudes. Could you introduce yourslf at the Spanish Forum?

Hope to see you there...
:cool:

Knold
29th Nov 2001, 18:17
Well, I suppose I'll have to once the summer season gets here...

swizzle stick
30th Nov 2001, 22:56
Starship, don't you think you should post something about the people who have just been laid off,and the fact that they cannot afford to pay wages for the winter and they are in fact in trouble. Heard that their is more lay offs to come, just waiting to see what is going to happen between now and 14 Dec.Nothing really. OH well what goes around comes around i guess. Might as well fold as no money to pay staff, just the boss :p :p :p :D :D Heard also that where transjet were getting their a/c from have gone under as well. Oh dear, guess the doors will be closed very soon.

starship
1st Dec 2001, 21:02
Swizzle Stick, yes, I could have posted something about the staff which you refer to and their unfortunate position. However, the layoffs had not been broadcast here on pprune, and I certainly did not think it was appropriate to state as such. The reason, out of respect for people I know very well. About their pay, they are infact being paid up until the end of December, or so I understand. No dig meant towards you, I just refrained from making that posting.

The staff have been told that their contracts are still effective as of March 2002, for bases in NCL / MAN.

Good luck to all at Air Scandic, and associated fragments.

Cheers,

Starship :)

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: starship ]

The Guvnor
3rd Dec 2001, 20:15
Starship - TJ now has his two 747s, which I understand will be operating next year's Haj. First to arrive was SE-RBH, a B747-212 last operated by Tower Air (ex N619FF).

I hear that MAN is getting rather twitchy about unpaid bills and whether or not they will need to use a snowplough for something more productive...

[ 03 December 2001: Message edited by: The Guvnor ]

Canofwhoopass
4th Dec 2001, 12:35
Yes, well Guv, you just ramble on...

How surprised am I that you don't know half of what you are talking about. :eek:

[ 04 December 2001: Message edited by: Canofwhoopass ]

Knold
12th Dec 2001, 07:33
Fine bloke that Canofwhoopass, wouldn't you say? :D

(BTW Greetings from San Diego)

[ 12 December 2001: Message edited by: Knold ]

Brenoch
13th Dec 2001, 21:10
I understand the mother-bit but is it so bad to write palanca dé cambio???

starship
14th Dec 2001, 17:45
Good news for SCY on gaining the MEA Hadj contract - the A300 is off to Beirut :cool: once again :) !

Understand those staff who were returning next summer have been asked back early, and those laid off last month, reinstated.

Excellent news, for what is a great outfit, with a unique team of people.

Cheers,

starship ;)

Brenoch
15th Dec 2001, 14:00
It´s always great news when people are being reinstated and planes are back in the skies..
Say hello to Jeddah for me.. :)

Congratulations to all of you..

//cheers

Knold
17th Dec 2001, 14:18
Same type of guy who gets one million squids pouring down on the bar counter... :D

calmar
22nd Dec 2001, 04:40
I do! //Newman