PDA

View Full Version : ANY ETHNIC MINORITY PILOTS OUT THERE!

roboto
14th Nov 2000, 01:20
Hi there pprune heads, I was just wondering out of curiosity, whether there any ethnic minority Civil, or Military Pilots out there, who would like to share with me who and what they are flying for. please fill free to pop your comments etc..

AMEX
14th Nov 2000, 05:36
well since I don't live in my own country I suppose that makes me part of the minority, isn't it?? :) :)

ehwatezedoing
14th Nov 2000, 08:29
You can take a look here even if located in the States. May be a good start for your curiosity.
http://obap.org/

mutt
14th Nov 2000, 10:49
I fall into the White Celtic minority group surrounded by people of darker complexions.

So what exactly is your problem?

Mutt.

pesket
14th Nov 2000, 22:03
I 'm a white male......

ZAZOO
15th Nov 2000, 08:05
roboto,

take the day off and think about something else to post!!!!

Zazoo :mad:

deepee
15th Nov 2000, 08:56
Kia ora bro. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

------------------
"I don't suffer from stress.I'm a carrier".

Puritan
15th Nov 2000, 12:15
I'm half-Irish (the best half, so my mother tells me ?!) - does that make me an efnik minority ?

Waloo
15th Nov 2000, 22:49
ZAZOO, and you think YOUR post is more intellingent perhaps...

ZAZOO
15th Nov 2000, 23:33
Waloo,

Intelligence is not the case here!
I just do not think that we need to go into who is an ethnic minority or majority as the case may be, these kind of postings always take a different turn, just take a look at majority of the replies posted in reply to this post.
We have had them before,and they all took a wrong turn.
On the other hand if the posting was done for a laugh I apologise.

My reply then, Waloo!
I am mixed race with a caucasian mother, but at the end of the day I consider myself an African residing in london.

Have fun

Zazoo

Devils Advocate
16th Nov 2000, 01:35
Err, sorry pal but if you were born in GB then you are an English/Scots/Welsh man, etc. regardless of whatever your skin colour is - please try and learnt to live with it (and in harmony with the rest of us Celts, Wasps, Gauls, Asians, etc).

Sorry but there are two sorts of racism - the kind that gets some young lad beaten up of a night for the colour of his skin, and the sort that suggests that all whitey's are racist biggots and that subsequently uses a persons skin colour to try and promote a political agenda which suites their own ends.

I should point out that both states of affair are highly prevalent in Africa, but where it's slightly twisted in that it's your tribe (a colour by any other name) which affects your prospects. Of course in Northern Ireland it is (or used to be) which church you belonged to.

Ps. ZAZOO - can I ask if you have ever actually lived in Africa, and if so where ? (Nb. This a genuine question)

PPS. What in earth has this got to do with aviation ?

Waloo
16th Nov 2000, 09:14
Good point, I get it now Zazoo :)
Myself, a caucasian boy born in Africa (no jocking)....

ZAZOO
16th Nov 2000, 09:28
Devils Advocate,

Thanks for your posting.
I was born in lagos.
Lived in Nigeria Ghana and the Camerouns for more than 20 years.

Zazoo

Squeekeron
21st Nov 2000, 15:49
I guess I'm an ethnic minority as a WASP living in the middle east. Not many white faces where I live, but most folks are friendly. I tend to stay on condition yellow and check for lit fuses now and then :).